Complications

"Pillow? You up?"

Tree was standing outside of her door. He started to hear footsteps.

Pillow just finished eating and was heading back to her room and noticed Tree standing front of her door.

"Tree? What are you doing waiting outside of my room?-"

Tree gave her a awkward look. He didn't realize Pillow wasn't in her room the whole time.

"Look- just go back in..we have to
talk."

"Oh! Is it about your infections in your nonexistent roo-"

Pillow was pushed back to her room as Tree quickly closes the door. "Pillow listen. I'm being serious this time. You're..studying about diseases and other wried stuff right.?" Pillow gave him a wried look. "..Yup! Why?"

Tree was a bit hesitant but he have to. "Do you..know an illness that has to do with vomiting petals and such.?"

Pillow nodded a bit and went to her computer. "Well last night..I randomly woke up in the middle of night and felt a stomach pain. I then felt like throwing up. I ended up throwing up blood and petals..some were just straight up flowers."

Pillow's eyes then widened. The way Tree described sounded like..the hanahaki disease. Pillow quickly searched up the disease.

"Tree.? I think I know what you mean. You should look at this."

Tree was a bit worried and looked over to see her screen just to see..

"Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 (Japanese); 하나하키병 (Korean); 花吐病 (Chinese)) is a disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left ..."

Tree didn't want to read anymore. He was in full shock. His legs began shaking.

"I'm..dying.?"

Pillow nodded. "Well there's 2 ways of curing it luckily but it ends with negative results."

"The first is to get surgery to remove the flower roots although it'll cause you to not have any romantic feelings and it'll remove memories of you with that person that you loved. The second is to confess your feelings to that person."

Tree didn't want to remove his feelings and memories of..someone he loved. But at the same time..he doesn't want them to accept his feelings in pity. It's a life and death situation he's in. They'll obviously accept in pity just that way Tree wouldn't die. He realized..

"Hey- can't Four just..Y'know- recover me?"

"Tree, Four cannot recover people who've died from diseases. I don't know why but they just don't have that ability to."

Well that just raised the worries even more.

"Don't panic.! I'm pretty sure GB can do something about it! I-"

"No"

Pillow looked back at him confused. "Tree- You're about to die slowly.! You have to."

Tree didn't have the heart to. He doesn't want to forget them. His crush. He doesn't want a pitiful relationship either. He knows it's a dumb choice but he doesn't want fall into those two scenarios.

"I'm sorry Pillow. I can't..I don't want to end up- Y'know.."

Pillow hugged Tree to comfort him.

"It's okay. Take your time."