chapter 6 | we meet again

Darryl POV
The bell struck as soon as I finished eating my meal. I was home alone so I could be the only one to answer the door. I fidget with the door lock trying my best to unlock it, I'm not the best at doing complicated stuff like this.

"Hey!" The person waves. It's Zak. "Oh, hello." I tilt my head slightly to the left "C-Can we talk?" He stammers, I reply with a short nod. "What did you mean by yesterday? L-Like what you said to me when I saw you in my schools hallway." The taller stutters. "Huh?" I scrunch my face in confusion, "The only time you allowed to leave the house? Or something along the lines of that." He leans against the door frame.

I froze there stuck in my spot. Did I really tell him that?

"Do you not go to school?" he asks, "No I'm actually homeschooled." I answer. "Okay, now answer my original question." He replies, his voice is getting more sturdier and more serious now. "That just slipped out of my mouth okay?!" I exclaim. He's getting closer to me now "Do you need help?" He whispers softly into my left ear. "No! What?" I back up away from him "And can you please take a shower you stink." I speak.

"Is Darryl Novescosch getting bratty now hmph?" He says in a teasing tone. I know he was joking but I am really not having it today, so I closed the door shut right in his face. Yeah I felt bad obviously but can he just shut his chatterbox mind?

I stood waiting at my door for a few seconds before I could check it again, I opened the door slightly to see if he was still there. He is.

"Okay, I'm sorry." He says intertwining his fingers. I shut the door on him again, "Go. Away." I shout from the other side of the door. "Fine, I'll go." Zak says. "DON'T COME BACK AGAIN!" I face to the door, basically screaming my lungs out.
I don't hear a response back. I check the window to see if he's still there, nothing was there, just a door mat saying "WELCOME!"