chapter 17 | line without a hook

Zak POV (a fairly long chapter for you <3)
My eyes fluttered open, I was sitting on a wooden stump. It was so pretty — the lake was clear and daisies were placed around me. It's like it was unreal. I couldn't move, it was like my ass was glued to the wood; I looked down just to see me wearing a green sweatshirt and some grey sweatpants.

All of a sudden someone behind me quickly kissed the top of my hair. Giggling, after.

"Stop zoning out silly." A voice smiles. I turn my head just to see Darryl, he's wearing the same outfit as me, it's like as we were matching outfits. He grabs a foldable chair and unfolds it in front of me, sitting down in it. Darryl rests his elbow on his lap and pulls his chin over the palm of his hand. "Babe.." he mutters "Stop ignoring me!!" The brunette whines.

"Babe.?" I finally speak. Darryl raises and eyebrow "What, Do you want me to change the name?" "No no it's fine! Are we.. together?" I tilt my head. "Well.." Darryl says. Electrifying his every move, he grabs my left hand rubbing comforting circles on the back of my hand. "..This is your dream, we can be whatever you want."

Oh?

"I'm fine with babe.." I smirk.

~~~

~~~

My body shook like lightning, I instantly shot my self up.

What happened to the daisies and Darryl? I got out of my bed and made my way to my half bath, I had eye bags and my hair was all tossed up, I grabbed my phone resting near the bathroom sink.

3:42AM

It didn't really matter since it was a Saturday, why not just stay awake? There's no point of just going back to sleep, It would be almost impossible to get that same exact dream. I sigh and unlock my phone.

~~~

*knock knock*

It was now 1pm, I was sitting on the couch watching some SpongeBob. "I'll get it!" I shout to my parents upstairs. I run to the door and unlock it, just to see Darryl standing their, his soft pink lips forming a little smile. "I'm wondering, do you wanna hang out? Like in town..?"

"Yeah yeah sure but uhm.. how did you get out of your house?" I question him. "Do you really wanna know?" The brunette fidgets with his fingers nervously, "I'm concerned." I reply. He takes a big sigh "I may have snook out of my bedroom window.." The older mumbles under his own breath. "OH MY GOSH! GOODY GOOD SHOES TURNS INTO A BAD BOY?!" I dramatically gasp jokingly. "You muffin head! Pack a bag and get your swimming clothes, we'll be out for a few hours." He says.

Swimming clothes?!

~~~

"I'M HEADING OUT WITH A FRIEND FOR A FEW HOURS, CYA!" I yell, quickly closing the door before they could reply.  "Are we walking?" I turn my direction to Darryl right next to me. Darryl turns his head too "I was thinking since it's far away.. we could take the bus?" He smiles, oh my gosh his smile. We start moving to the neatest bus stop.

"U-Uh yeah sure! It's fucking cold anyway." Choking on my first couple of words. "Language!" Darryl calls out. I look down at my feet, kicking a pebble. "Your so cute.." I murmur. Noticing what I just said I instantly perk my head up to meet Darryls eyes, luckily I said it quiet enough so that he didn't hear me.

Me and Darryl both sat in the back seats of the bus, only a couple middle aged people returning from their jobs and a couple nuzzling their noses together — gosh, how I wish that was me. I looked at Darryls eyes, slowly making my eyes trail down to his blush pink lips, Darryl was too busy listening to some music through his Walkman. He must've caught me staring since he spoke up, breaking the silence. "Do you wanna have a listen? I took the bus for 40 minutes to just buy some new songs yesterday from the only store that still sells Walkman in the state.."

I nod "I'd love to."

He takes off his headpiece and hands it to me. I grab it and put it on. It was some heavy metal music, I instantly take it off. "You like stuff like this?" I ask. "Yeah.. I like rock music too I guess." He takes the headpiece from my hands and goes back to listening. I've never been a fan of rock and metal music, I like pop and hip hop.

I turn on my phone and open up my notes app.

Interesting facts about Darryl Novescosch (my future husband lolol. kidding!)
- he hates strawberry icecream (what a weirdo right?!)
- although his hair is practically perfect he uses 4 in 1 shampoo
- he's a dog person
- we both love SpongeBob
- he has 2 brothers
- i'm taller than him 😂
- he likes rock/metal music

I giggle while typing my new 'interesting' fact. "What are you laughing at?" Darryl asks, he now has his Walkman fitted into his backpack. "Oh nothing.." I lie, turning off my phone. "Wanna talk?"

"Yeah sure!" Darryl nods. "Do you have a plan b for when your parents find out you snuck out?" I joke, laughing. Darryl rolls his eyes in response, "My parents are staying at my auntie Peggy's house tonight. It's just that I don't want my brother to know.. so I said that I was sick and I was throwing up and not to come into my room, that means the brother I share a room with would have to sleep on the couch tonight."

"So your basically in your villain arc?" I giggle. "Oh my goshhh." Darryls hides his red embarrassed face. I fell head over heels for him, I feel like a wreck when I'm without him.

~~~

Darryl made us walk 7 more minutes after hopping off the bus.

Just for us to be leaded at an abandoned lake, it was almost identical to the dream I had earlier today. The lake was still in good condition, the water wasn't polluted and it looked clean. "This is the area me and my grandpa used to go fishing.. he died a couple years back." Darryl speaks. "I'm sorry.." I mutter. It goes silent for a while, "Well uhm, sorry for making this awkward. Let's get into our swimming clothes shall we?" The brunette breaks the silence. "I'm already wearing my swimming shorts." I say, Darryl nods. He hides behind a bush and start to change.

Darryl comes out just to be seen wearing an oversized black band tee and some old biker shorts, you could barely see the shorts because of how big the shirt is. "I don't have any swim wear.. so I just got some of my dads old clothes he doesn't need." The shorter puts his hands on his hips. He takes off his glasses and puts them into his bag. "You look nice with or without your glasses." I smile at him. "Thanks." The brunette smiles.

"Are you ready?" I look at him, taking off my shirt. Now we're both standing near the edge — so close to jumping into the lake. "Ready." He replies.

splash!

~~~

On our way home I could see Darryls eyes tearing up, his eyes started to water. "Hey, are you alright?" I closen up to him. Now he's full on crying, sobbing out his feelings into the palm of his hands. "No.." he mumbles. "What's wrong?" I wrap an arm around his back. He stops crying for a second. "I feel like a burden.. and I don't know why." He then continues to sob. "I'm here.." I whisper in his ear. I'm not the best at comforting people.

"I know."

1295 words