chapter 14 | wheres darryl?

Darryl POV (haha funny chapter number)
I huffed and huffed up until I got up the hill. I've only been running for 2 minutes and I'm already out of breath, I sat down on a log so I had some time to catch my breath.

I turned on my phone to see 8 missed calls from Zak, 4 missed calls from my Mother, 6 missed calls from Mason and 2 missed calls from my Father. I wasn't planning on calling back any of them, who am I kidding? There's obviously no reception in a wet forest, I pinch my nose and let out a small sneeze.

Hopefully I've ran away far enough. I stood up and decided to find a nice area to place my tent at. "I think here's okay, I'll move spots daily." I speak to myself.

If I'm being honest, I can't lie about the fact that I was actually kind of regretting this. It was only a few days ago me and Zak were talking — like face to face.

I looked at my hands, dried up blood coming out of my healing wounds.

I can't just stay here forever. Call me a sore loser for already missing home, family.. and Zak, especially- Zak. God. I wonder how he's doing. I hope he's handling this okay. Or maybe, he just doesn't care at all. We had a fight between us about me acting all odd, I tried to play it off but Zak refused to believe that nothing was going on. So.. I lashed out after that, creating a huge argument that was going between me then to Zak.

And I admit it, I'm sorry! But I'm just not the person to apologise first.

I stood up and hitched my backpack onto my shoulder, I'm going back.

~~~

Third Person POV
knock-knock

Charlie raises and eyebrow. He runs up to the door and opens it. "Darryl!" Charlie smiles, he reaches his arms straight ahead expecting a hug. "Sorry Charlie, brother is a bit dirty right now." Darryl chuckles. As Darryl kicks off his shoes his head perks up to the sound of his mother and father strutting down the stairs. "Darryl." They say in sync in a Im-so-glad-your-here voice but also a where-the-fuck-have-you-been voice at the same time.

"Hey." Darryls starts. "Don't you "hey" me, you made us worried!" Darryls father shouts, Charlie flees the scene and go back into his room. Darryl looks up at his mother, practically begging for her to back him on this; she opens her mouth but then closes it again without a word. Darryls father finishes. "Not the proudest moment. Your grounded.. again!"

-

"Again?" Darryl's mother tilts her head in confusion.

-

"Did I not tell you? Darryl snuck out so I grounded him."

-

"Oh."