chapter 22 | cold hands, warm cheeks

Third Person POV
Zak ran away, you would have to pay him a billion bucks for me to be faced with Darryl again. "Wait!" Zak heard a very familiar voice call out behind him. He stops and turns his head, it's Darryl.

He's panting and he has sweat coming down from his forehead, Lucy scooped up in his arms.

"Zak"

"Darryl."

"Zak."

Their eyes both lock into each other's pupils, Zak's increasing its size due to the thought of Darryl standing in front of him. "You didn't let me finish.." Darryl speaks up. Zak rises an eyebrow; Darryl walks towards Zak, Zak backs up away from him. "Don't.. touch me." Zak breathes heavily. "Zak.." "No Darryl. Leave."

They are both now in an empty childrens playground. "Zak." Darryl repeats, he reaches out his hands but Zak doesn't lean for it. "It was an accident." Darryl states.

"How is you kissing a girl an accident?!" Zak calls out, adverting eye contact. "It's not my fault I didn't know you liked me!" Darryl cries out. "I thought you liked me back." Zak murmurs in a shaky voice.

"I'm sorry." The brunette replies. "But I've tho-"

"So this is just a painful way of you rejecting me?" The younger says, he sounds like he's on the urge to just drop in his knees and have a second panic attack. "No, it's just that.. it's hard to actually love anyone Zak. I thought this was just another stupid crush." There are now tears pricking at the corners of the brunettes eyes. "But I've thought about it now and I guess.." The brunette speaks.

Darryl walks towards Zak. "Your my only exception." Darryl bites his lips nervously. Zak's cold hands for Darryls neck and rubs comforting circles on Darryls cheek using his thumb.

"Kiss..?" Zak looks down at him.

"Yeah." Darryl answers, he looks up at the brown eyed boy.

Making their every move Darryls soft lips meets Zak's. Darryl wraps his arms around Zak's waistline. Zak's the first to pull back. "Violets a lesbian by the way." Darryl giggles. "You had your first kiss with a girl who isn't even interesting in men?!" Zak teases. "You muffinhead.."

Ew this story has to be my second least favourite I've wrote, btw epilogue is next chapter haha.