chapter 20 | starbucks and us

Darryl POV
I've made a new friend last week, her name is Violet, she has long brown hair and hazel eyes. She's beautiful, I think I've already fell in love with her. I'm trying my best to collect any clues or hints if she likes me or not.

Today we're meeting at the dog park, I'm bringing Lucy with me, so is Violet — she's bringing her fluffy brown dog Jimmy. I grab Lucy's red leash and clip onto her, I bought it with Zak two weeks ago.. talking about Zak I haven't talked to him in a while, is he angry at me?

Whatever, I'll talk to him soon away. I tell go downstairs and tell them I'm gonna grab something from the bakery and take Lucy on a quick walk around town. They nod, I've been trying my best to gain back my trust — I'm pretty sure it's working. I leave the house letting the cold air hit my face.

I watched as smoke came out of my hair as I breathed, I look down at Lucy and she looks at me groggily; i've packed her a dog sweater just incase she gets cold. "Let's go Lucy." I say in a high pitched voice that she would understand. She starts to walk ahead of me. This is me and Lucy's first time we've been to a dog park, or maybe she's already went.. I'll never know.

I adjust my red beanie for it to cover my ears and start walking.

~~~

"Hey!" Violet smiles. "Hi" I grin in reply. I look down at her dog, "Hey Jimmy!" I bend down to pat him. We both take off our pets leashes and let them roam free, they both instantly flee away. Me and Violet take a seat on the bench provided, "This is nice." I smile, making eye contact with Violet. "Yeah." She murmurs. The sun is setting and the sky is orange with a mix of some pink and yellow.

When our pets come back to us tired we decide to walk back home. "Do you.. wanna get a coffee with me?" She asks, "Yeah! Sure." I smile. We walk to our nearest Starbucks.

I order this drink called a.. hot chocolate? I ordered it since it has the word 'chocolate' in it. Violet ordered a black coffee. As we sat down at a table near the window to see the outside we started to sip on our drinks, laughing and giggling. My mind went completely blank and lost when Violet started talking, I loved her smile it was the cutest. As I stared at her while she spoke her eyes turned into pink love hearts.

-
-

So that's when I leaned in and kissed her, she instantly pulls back seconds later with no explanation. I look at the window to see Zak, staring at us, when he realises I saw him he ran away crying. Why is he upset, Shouldn't he be happy for his friend? "I'm leaving." Violet says, grabbing her dog under the table and leaving. "I'm sorry." I mumble, "I'm a lesbian." She speaks, leaving Starbucks without a word after.