Chapter- 10

QOTD- What do you think about the pace of the story?

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

I went on to play with little Biscuit until he eventually got bored of me and ran away inside and I went back to stand on my feet but my left hand's knuckles which were now a deep shade of red might have touched a thorn or two from the rose plated next to me and pricked me.

The Lawn -

" Oops." I muttered but ignored it. Would just have to wash it later on.

" What is it?" He asked, grabbing my attention to him. I just nodded my head in a no as we continued to walk but honestly, it was getting too awkward and it would have been best broken.

" Where did you study medicine?" I casually asked, giving him a glance and then looked ahead while walking.

" AIIMS Delhi and then M.D. from Harvard, Boston." He replied and I was forced to look at him once again.

" Wow." I mused as this time, he met my eyes for a split second before I averted away from his.

" What have you studied?" He asked me now and I could still feel his eyes on me.

" I did my B.A. Honors in Polity from Mumbai University and prepared for the serviced by side. Made through in the second attempt in the IFS division." I replied, once again looking at him. His eyes hadn't left me from then.

" That means you are some sort of diplomat in training then?" He asked and I nodded in a yes.

" I had taken a coaching to clear the exams." I added.

" In Mumbai?" He asked. It didn't seem like he had just forcefully asked to be polite so I explained.

" Yes. Mumma and papa were working in bank and we got transferred all the time. I have lived in various cities across India but we were in Mumbai where I finished my junior college and the degree college. They have had enough by then and dad quit to start up something of this own while mumma requested for transfer to Delhi so that she could live with him and support him. Once his consultancy had achieved the break-even and moved on to earn profits, she quit her job too and they started working together." I told him as a strong gust of wind sent my dupatta flying off.

" Oh no!" I realized what had happened after a second but before I could run to where it had fallen so that it does not fly off once again, Dr. Singhania beat me to it, putting his hand in front of me to prevent me from walking there.

" Let me get it for you. That part of the lawn has sprinklers. You may loose your balance." He said but didn't wait for my response and made his way towards it.

" Thank you." I took it from him but he didn't lose his hold on it, instead, he held my left hand's fingers in his hand, looking at the slight thorn cuts as he forehead had furrow lines all over but the way my fingers were resting in his hand was doing something weirdly funny to my stomach, almost like I was nervous and I don't get nervous!!