Chapter- 14

A VERY HAPPY 75TH INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL OF US. PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN. JAI HIND🇮🇳🇮🇳

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

" Finally you're here Agasthya. Come on both of you. We need to begin." Suhana aunty made way towards us and that broke me out of my trance and I immediately looked away from him.

" Piu why don't you go and fix your saree before we begin?" Mumma asked me and I looked at her confused. What was there to fix? I looked down to see that it had gotten loose. 

I gave her a quick nod, held the pleats, and started walking inside. Manyatha followed me to help.

" Managing this saree is so difficult man. How do women wear this without the risk of it coming off?" I muttered to her and she chuckled as we reached the room we were earlier sitting in.

" Trust me, I know. Without the pins, there is always that risk." She replied as she helped me fix the damn dress.

" Says the married woman." I mocked and she rolled her eyes.

" Being married doesn't mean knowing all this. I am still more comfortable shooting a bullet than using these safety pins honestly." She replied and it was my chance to laugh.

" Somehow, I don't think this will ever change." I voiced my thoughts and she agreed.

" Come on now, let's go. We have already kept the guests waiting for a long time. I am pretty sure that they are dying to eat the food. Hell I am too!" She exclaimed and rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm. As if we could eat much for any of that food. We are always on a strict diet.

As we made our way once again to the lawn, people were mingling. I had already been introduced to a lot of the Singhania's extended family but there were still more left. Currently, everyone was just going around talking to each other, having a gala time. The closer I walked to where mumma and papa were standing with Suhana aunty and Aman uncle along with the others, the more butterflies in my stomach were erupting. I was just feeling plain weird.

" So finally this one is also getting engaged tonight." Kunal remarked and that was it. This sudden feeling of extreme nervousness that had emerged from my walk to the lawn had intensified so much in a matter of seconds that I turned around and ran back inside, literally as I heard Dhwani, Manyatha, Kunal and Tanmay call after me. I hope mumma hadn't seen because I don't think I could really go on with the engagement. Anyway, she wasn't facing me.

I, not caring about the saree one bit ran and ran till I reached the room and locked myself inside. What the actual hell was I doing? I wasn't ready for a commitment as huge as this, not in the very least.

" Sags open the door and let us in. Please. I know you are overwhelmed but you have to talk to us." I heard Kunal who was constantly knocking.

" I can't go on with this Kunal. I don't think I am ready!" I replied, pacing in the room.

" All you have is cold feet girl. Trust me, I was feeling the same this morning. Had almost planned to run away." Dhwani was the one who replied and this put us all in silence as I quickly opened the door. I couldn't miss on the drama that I knew was about to follow.

" You what!?" Kunal, completely distracted from the situation in hand asked Dhwani who just shrugged her shoulders.

" Not now Kunal." She warned him when he was about the shoot another question and then suddenly that nervous feeling was back as they all walked in. Dammit!

" Listen to me Sagarika. I swear I am not lying that I was almost planning to run away this morning." She repeated herself.

" But you love Kunal! Then why did you want to run away?" I asked, exasperated because truly, at this point, I didn't know what to do.