Chapter- 25

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

" Keep an eye on him until NIA sends reinforcements. Jurisdiction or not, we cannot afford to lose the man. He knows too much about too many things." Sanjay sir commanded me.

" Copy that. The target is on foot, walking towards one of the warehouses in the central market. I am pinning the exact location down now. Approach or no approach? I have the gun." I asked him.

" Approach if absolutely necessary. No risk. I'm in constant coordination with the NIA Chief." He replied.

" Copy that, sir." I answered back and purchased a sun hat from one of the street vendors to not look suspicious.

Ismail just kept walking and walking for a long time and I had no idea where on earth was he aiming to reach because I was so sure that in about a few meters, we were going to meet a dead end. There was no road after that.

" Sir I am going to need to reinforcements soon. I don't think that I'll be able to put on a full fight with him in the current state." I told sir, referring to my burns and it was true. I may be able to fight but I wasn't going to win.

" The team is five minutes away from the pinned location Sagarika. Just hold on for five minutes. We cannot lose this opportunity." He asked me and I replied in an affirmative tone as I went ahead to sit on a tea staff for a vantage point.

" He has picked a packet up and is waiting at the spot currently." I told sir and in a distance, I saw a few NIA Officers casually strolling towards my location.

" Officer, even though the NIA is there to make the arrest, we will be the ones questioning Ismail. Kunal will be your second. You lead. We already have through intel about some of the incidents." Sir clarified.

" Copy that, sir. Headquarters or safe house?" I asked him.

" Headquarters. Moving him to even a safe house is full of risks. The moment you see him arrested, get down here and take this further." He asked of me.

" Yes Sir. Jai Hind." I muttered.

" Jai Hind." He replied and then our contact broke.

I let the NIA officers deal with him for a while but they somehow let him slip through them and he started to run ahead, towards my direction to escape.

He was just about to cross through where I was sitting when I innocently extended my leg ahead and he tripped over on his face, falling down. Before he could even struggle to get up, I kept the tea in my hand aside and kept my foot on his back.

" You haven't made smart choices lately Ismail. Try and run now and make another bad one because once I get hold of you again, I will rather not think once before putting all my bullets down your throat." I said, as calmly as I could before I let the NIA officers get to where I was and handle him.

" It's done sir." I replied to Sanjay sir as he asked for a status update.

" Good work. Now get to the office now. I have a line of questioning I need to discuss with you and Kunal." He asked me and I agreed, hiring a cab to Raisina Hills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~

" S, he's being bought in after his medical examinations. It is indeed, him. Sanjay sir is waiting for you in his office." Kunal met me at the entrance and I gave him a nod, making my way to sir's cabin.

" May I come in, sir?" I asked, knocking and he gave me a distracted nod because he was over a phone call. He had to manage everything since Parth sir was on leave for a week.