Chapter- 18

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

" Mr. Singhania I am perfectly capable of walking, trust me. I am okay." I said for the umpteenth time but his jaw just hardened even more at my statement. What was going on with him, I wondered.

" You can put me on a wheelchair or a stretcher, you know? You should know this, you're a doctor!" I exclaimed!

" Sagarika will you please let me help you without trying to hurt yourself further?" He sighed, placing me on a bed in one of the wards.

Before I could respond, his father walked inside the cabin as he gave us a questioning look before composing himself back.

" Go to OT number 5. It is an emergency. I'll tend to Sagarika." He said as I looked from him to his son who in turn looked at me. He gave me a conflicted look as his lips were pressed in a thin line and eyebrows, furrowed.

" Please go. Trust me, I am okay." I told him honestly. The painkillers that I had taken were helping.

All he did was give me a tight nod and withdrew his hand that was placed at the back of my left shoulder before walking out.

" So young lady, what kind of trouble did you find this time?" Aman uncle walked towards me, assessing the injuring which were visible to the eye.

We were just out taking a walk after work and some idiot decided to attack us uncle." I said the first lie that I could come up with and the moment those words left me, I realised how unbelievable they were. The damn painkillers were fogging my mind!

" If you say so." He said in a mocking suggestive voice as he started to tend to the wounds on my hands and I cringed. Of course he did not believe me!

" All done." He said, cleaning my wounds which were on my arms and face.

" Now Sagarika, I want you to take this ointment and apply on the wounds twice a day and yes, avoid putting anything with chemicals on your face, alright?" He asked as he gave me a tube of medicine. 

" There's just one more....." I tried to tell him about the cut on my shoulder which needed stitches, I was sure but a nurse interrupted me.

" Dr. Aman the last patient for the day is waiting for you in your cabin. His scans were done and the reports have been placed on your desk." She said before being dismissed.

" You were saying something beta?" He asked, turning his face back to me.

" Nothing uncle. You please go. Your patient is waiting while I go back home. Mumma must be waiting for me." I lied to him, giving him a small smile. Thank god that the nurse had interrupted me! Had I told him about the stab on the shoulder, he would have definitely suspected something was totally wrong.

" A car from the hospital will drop you back home. No arguments." He announced before walking out, not giving me a chance to tell him that a car was already here for me. 

I could always stitch my wound up myself. I knew how to do it. No big deal!

I stood up and walked out to find Tanmay whom I found in the lobby after his cuts were cleaned and all.

" All done?" He asked and I nodded asking him the same question. He said yes too as we found Mahesh who drove us to our houses.

As I got to mine, it was locked and I was so glad. I could tend to my shoulder without having to worry about anyone finding it out. Why worry them uselessly? But yes, I did drop a text to mumma that I was home.

I unlocked the place with my spare key that I always had in case of emergencies and made my way straight to the bedroom.

I stripped my top. Thankfully, the cotton dressing that I kept changing in the flight had stayed intact.