𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

"There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn't" 

- John Green

. . .

~ (Y/N)'s Pov ~

The air felt stiff and tense as I chewed on the chocolate bar Dr. Loomis gave to me. He had just played the audio of a different personality speaking to the three men. It irked me hearing my own voice switch to a childs in a matter of seconds.

Anything can happen while a different person, I would call it, is controlling my body. I could wake up after a black out to find myself in a ditch somewhere. It's truly a disturbing feeling.

I always knew something was happening to me, as I had the blackouts since my mothers death. It's weird to think that it wasn't just me sleep walking or something.

Bringing my hand up to my hair, I pulled it out of my face. I was very sweaty from the beginning of the night and it was around 3 AM now.

"Are you doing alright (Y/N)? I know this is a lot to take in."

I heard Dr. Loomis's voice got softer as I brought my knees up to my chest. 

"How am I going to function as a normal human being?"

I looked up at him, my voice quivering. I'm normally never this emotional, this night has just been too much on me.

"People with this disorder can function in this society, it's just hard. Not a lot of people are going to understand what you're going through."

He raised a hand to pat the greasy mop on my head.

"How about you go clean yourself up and get some rest okay? I'll be back in the morning with some stilts for you. We'll have to do some more questioning later tomorrow. I'm sorry in advance."

With limited energy, I simply nodded my head softly at him.

"Thank you, Dr. Loomis."

He looked down at me and replied with a warm smile, "Call me Sam."

"Noted."

. . .

I had to have my leg propped up on the outside of the bathtub so water didnt get on my cast. It was a very uncomfortable position to say the least. I didnt even want to clean myself i just wanted to lie there.

 The water repeatedly splashed onto my body, as the blood on my body slowly washed away. My old bloody bandages were layed out everywhere in the bathroom. 

Im going to have to get the nurses to re bandage me. Im tired of this hospital shit already.

Grabbing the soft sponge from beside me, i decided to actually put effort into getting clean. Scrubbing all over my body delicately, making sure not to get soap into all of my cuts on accident.

I kept scrubbing until i hit my ankle that i of course had to leave alone. The sponge got stained a small bit because of the sweat, dirt, and blood. 

Dropping the sponge and letting it hit the water with a splash, I rinsed my hair once more before unplugging the drain.

I hurriedly got out, leaning against a wall as I hissed in pain. Grabbing the door knob so i didn't fall over, i stabilized myself the best i could. I saw the towel and yanked it, quickly engulfing it around my body. Quickly drying myself off, leaving my hair damp.