𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

"That millions of people share the same forms of mental pathology does not make these people sane."                                                                       - Erich Fromm

Before i start i would like to thank anyone who has made it this far into the book!
I know that the book starts out as a slow burn and you guys arent getting any action with
 Michael right now but once it gets going i promise its worth it :D

Every read on this book means a whole lot to me so thank you all!

I hope you're liking the book so far at least, im trying to put action into (Y/N)'s story and relationships with people rather than diving straight first into romance.

Lets get started!

. . .

As Dalila frantically looked through the list, the three of us couldn't help but stare at him.
I was sitting on my knees directly on the counter facing the window, Jack and Femi on both sides of me.

"What do you think he's doing?" Jack whispered to the both of us, to which we both shrugged in sync.

He was just standing there, making eye contact with me with his head tilted.
His face looked emotionless, i think, i can't tell his expressions very well.

"It looks like he is staring at you (Y/N), any idea why?" Femi asked as he rested his chin on his palm.

"Maybe it's because she's pretty~" I heard Jack coo in my ear, I slapped his shoulder for being so close.
The action made Femi chuckle.

"I think it's because i accidently snuck into his room last night.." My voice lowered an octave.

"Oh yeah that's right! I remember hearing some coworkers gossiping about it."
 Realization hit both of them as Femi blurted that out.

"Wow. All of you really gotta be talking about me huh?" I looked over at him for a second with a smirk before relocating my attention back to Michael.

Then he slowly started moving towards us, very very slowly.

"Why is he moving so slow, the fuck." I whispered to the both of them, feeling more intrigued.
"For real, at least I can see his features a bit more. I forgot my glasses today." Jack whispered back with a pitiful sigh, feeling sorry for himself.

"You have glasses?" I questioned softly, to which he nodded in response.

"Man, look at that hunk of meat though. Like there is no reason for him to be so attractive-"
Femi exclaimed almost silently, hoping that only us would be able to hear.

"Honestly! This guy could be a model if he didn't try to hurt everyone he went near."
Jack shivered slightly. Did Michael do something to this poor guy or what-??

"I found him!" Dalila's voice squeaked in relief as she looked over to us with a smile.

"He's actually on the list this time? I wonder what he did to earn that." Femi looked at all of us and back at Michael.

He was seemingly way closer than the last time Femi looked away.
It wouldn't be long before he reached us.

"What is he even doing?" Dalila put up the list and walked behind me, asking the same question all of us had been thinking the past few minutes.
"No clue." Jack said, replying to her.

Michaels eyes never moved from mine, his expression was like an inbetween of being mesmerized or being crazy.

I noticed the number on that dragged down on his pants, #721.
Noted.

Soon enough he was at the front desk, just standing there looming over me. Even though I was on the counter, he was a few inches taller than me.
I could feel Jack tense up beside me.

I didn't even want to break eye contact, he looked so.. curious.
I don't blame him for being curious however, I did completely steal his room key and say hello.

"Michael!" A harsh voice erupted from the right side of us, the left side of Michael.
All of us looking over almost instantly, we saw Dr. Loomis opens the door for a couple guys with boxes in their hands.

My lips turned into a bright smile as I flashed my canines, "Sam!"

He looked shocked for a second, I don't think he was expecting me to be down here.
"Cooper-?" Sam had looked over to Dalila in a scowl, to which she raised her hands up in defense.
"What did you want me to do? She didn't want to be with the others!" Her angelic voice sounded more stressed out now.

"No no not (Y/N)- What is Michael doing down here?" He had continued to question her as he made his way around Myers and over to the door. Femi unlocked it the moment he got closer.

Opening the door up, Sam made his way inside and over to me. He soon lifted me up and put me on his side, my legs wrapping around him being mindful of my ankle.

"His name is on the list- but I don't know why he chose down here." Dalila shrugged as she leaned against the counter nervously.

Jack and Femi seemed way too intimidated to talk to him for some reason.

Sighing deeply, Sam just carried me outside the office and away from the other nurses.
"Call up someone to bring him back to his room, it's almost 1 anyway."
and with that he started walking towards the stairs door.

"Bye guys!" I shouted back with a wave, still looking back at Michael who you guessed it, was still looking at me. He looked a bit upset, maybe it's because he was being put back up?
I saw all the nurses wave back at me before the darkness of the stairway engulfed me.

I clung onto Sam as my vision had to get used to the sudden darkness, why are the lights so dim in here?
I rested my chin on his shoulder as he walked up the flights of stairs, enjoying the silence before he broke it.

"Why do you two keep bumping into each other?" He asked, obviously a bit frustrated.

"It's not my fault! I didn't even know that was Michael until today." I replied back to his frustration, "and he wasn't even doing anything wrong either way." 

"I know it's not your fault, it's just weird." He started, "He hurts everyone that goes into his room or invades his space. We're lucky that the security guards are alive to this day." His voice echoed through the flight of stairs as some nurses made their way down.

"He literally has no understanding of life or death, no consciousness about anything. Barely any emotion in what he does. He feels nothing (Y/N)." His voice seemingly was becoming more filled with pity as he spoke about him.

"He has no remorse, it's been the same since he was a kid. We barely ever get anything from him, but then you come along and now he is doing all this weird tricky shit."

He sounded so confused, the entire situation sounded confusing in itself so i don't blame him.
"I mean christ- The guy hasnt spoken a word in almost 15 years!"

"It's okay Sam, I'm sure you guys will figure this stuff out. He is your patient after all." I replied back to him while patting his shoulder.
The light of the hallway burned my eyes as he opened the seventh floor door.