𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."

                                                - Oscar Levant

. . .

3/24/77

~(Michael)'s Pov~

"Do you know what these are Michael?"
 A small feminine voice spoke quietly beside me, (Y/N) was fidgeting with her weird camera she got from Loomis a little while back. She hadn't ever used it, or one in general, before and figured now was the time to put it to good use.

When I moved my gaze to look down at her, her smile grew as we made eye contact.
She pointed towards her camera as she held it up with one hand, of course i knew what a polaroid camera was but i had an urge to say no.

I shook my head, preparing myself for her funny little expressions she does while explaining something, along with the hand gestures every now and then.
Every little thing she does intrigues me, whether it be a habit or something she does for fun.
Life is very bland behind these walls, i don't even know if this is what you would call life, but she makes it more interesting.

It's hard to not notice every little thing she does when she's the only person I'm around.

"Okay okay so, you take a picture and the weird film thing comes out of this side- I think?"
She questioned to both me and herself as she flipped the camera around in her hands. Looks like I know more about these than she does.

"Yes I was right!" She affirmed herself while flipping it back to normal.

We were outside for the last free time of the day, other than dinner I suppose.
Its suprising that they allowed her to take the camera outside.
The air was cold but it wasn't as cold as the last week had been, just a slight chill really. There were still some frosted bits frozen onto the grass from underneath us but no snow what so ever.
If there were, I would be stuck making those tiny little snowmen things again.

Looking around for a background, she noticed some clouds that looked pretty fluffy. Kind of like cotton candy but uncolored. I haven't eaten cotton candy in years.

"Hmm, Okay Michael! Stand next to me right here-"
She exclaimed while moving her arms in a 'come here' motion, my expressionless gaze seeped into her upbeat one. With a slight nod I shifted my body to where she wanted me to be.

She flipped the object around in her hand, again, so that the lenses were facing us. Then lifted her arm as high as she could, she proceeded to try and capture a picture of us two and the scenic clouds in the background.
Her short ass failed

 Everything she does or tries is kind of funny, she either succeeds or fails miserably. It's always the reactions that get me.
With a slight huff she gave me a glare that asked for me to do the picture.

Without a thought, i grabbed the brown and rainbow colored polaroid camera from out of her hand before raising my arm in the same manner as she did.
I made sure I wasn't going too high up but it would be kind of funny to only see the top of her head in the photo. Once I got a good angle to where it captured the both of us and the clouds, I clicked the orange button on the top of the camera.

It flashed at us and caught her off guard.
I swear she acts like shes never been around a camera in her life.

Once the flash was over, she focused all of her attention on the camera in my hand. Yoinking it from me, she immediately pulled the still developing picture out of the camera slit. It was still black so we had some time before it loaded.

"Did you know it took 5 years to create a polaroid camera?"

Her goofy smile returned to her face as she looked down at the black film she was shaking.
Her and the weird stuff she says sometimes-

Shaking my head, I glanced at her for a second before putting my full attention onto the incoming picture.

She had posed a peace sign while I did nothing with my free arm, its alright though because her body covered it in the photo.
I looked mostly dead inside as always but my eyes held a slight spark, that's interesting. 
Maybe its the lighting?

(Y/N) on the other hand looked like the happiest girl in the world.

Her nose was red due to the cold and the striped yarn scarf around her neck looked extremely vibrant. Along with the clouds in the background, the aren't shaped like anything but they still look nice.

"Looks pretty nicee-" She looked at it with one of her weird smug glares as she held up an "ok" sign. "Do you wanna keep it?"

Before I could nod at her, we were interrupted by a familiar voice. "(Y/N), Michael!"
Loomis had shouted both of our names, my first thought was that outside time was over but it just started about 15 minutes ago.

(Y/N) walked over towards him the second she heard her name, still throws me off guard that her cast is off now so she doesn't need my help that much anymore.
If I remember correctly though, she has to do some sort of physical therapy twice a week.

(Just in case people are confused, remember there are time skips every chapter. During this time skip Y/N's ankle healed! :D)