𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face."

                     - Johnny Depp

. . .

~ (Y/N)'s Pov ~

Almost immediately after the entercom interrupted our conversation, Dalila got up with a quick stretch.

After she stretched her arms completely in the air, she brought them down to let out her hair.

I watched as she shook it out of her messy bun, the light greyish hair looked so nice on her for some reason dear god. Especially with how long her hair actually is, i thought it was just shoulder length but no it reaches the bottom of her back.
She soon used her fingers to comb out the shaggy curls softly, putting the hair tie and bobby pins she used in her skirt pocket.

Looking back over at me with a huff, she smiled brightly.

She really does look like a fucking model, why did she choose to be a nurse?
She would have made so much money with those looks.

Grabbing both of her heels in one hand, she started to talk to me once again as she put them on.
"Well! You heard the announcement- I have to go now."
She slipped both of them on like it was nothing.

"I have to go unlock the other doors with my coworkers, do you think you can get downstairs with your stilts?" I looked over to the chair that was next to my bed, both of my stilts were leaning up against them.

I simply nodded at her, I felt if i tried to speak it would be me asking her to carry me.

Her smile didn't leave her face as she swung open my door.
"I'll give you a head start okay? Hurry-"

Nodding my head more frantically now, I abruptly got up and hopped towards my stilts and shoes. I already had baggy sweat pants on, one pant leg rolled up over my cast while the other swung past my foot.
One thing i don't need to worry about i guess, it's January so of course it's going to be cold and it's snowed almost every night since i've been here.

Grabbing my right slipper, I quickly shoved my foot in it and grabbed my stilts.
As I put both of them under my arms, Dalila was already gone and I think was the grabbing keys.

There's an office on every level that has whatever floor's keys in some cabinets, I limp past it everyday.

Making my way out the door, I noticed that the other two main nurses were also grabbing keys, which meant none of the doors were unlocked yet.

"Go ahead and go (Y/N)!" I heard Dalilas accent as she spoke up, gesturing her hand towards the door.
I went along and continued to use my stilts all the way down the hallway.

The stairs are going to be a bitch to get down.

Opening up the large tan doors that loomed over me, my stairs were empty so far.

Making my way down one step at a time, the stairs weren't too difficult at the moment.
I watched my foot make every movement, I don't want to tumble all the way down.

Moving my stilts over the narrow steps were becoming easier almost every step down, if i continue like this i'll become a god at it in a week!

Once I hit the 7th floor's set of stairs, I started to notice some of the patients walking down along with me. The eighth floor's stairs should start to get a little more busy soon.

That worries me a tiny bit honestly.
Using the nervous feeling in my gut to my advantage, I tried my best to go a little faster down the steps.

Soon enough I found myself with a pretty decent sized group of loud people who were walking down the steps at an actual human pace.
 I was at the back out of all of the people in front of me, so I could see everything pretty well.

Scanning the top of everyone's heads, I tried looking for a certain someone.
It took a bit, but I soon found the light brown floof on the top of his head.
I swear it takes every bone in my body to not play with his hair.

Should I yell for him or just bulldoze after him?
Both seem cringey but I'm worried ill trip if i try to chase after the man.

"Michael!!"
I rested my elbows on the uncomfortable metal staffs, using both of my hands to cup over my mouth.

My voice echoed throughout the staircase yet it barely made noise over the practically yelling patients from the top floor and from here.
Thankfully he heard, his head slowly turned towards my direction as he stopped in his tracks.

Both of his stone cold eyes made contact with me as he noticed that I was behind him.
Smiling with my teeth, I put my arms back down with the stilts and wobbled over towards him.
 I could hear the incoming patients a lot more now.

He watched me intently, his whole body facing me now, i dont think he's seen me use the stupid walking metal things yet.
I'm glad he waited on me.

He had his chains on still, as he always did except when he was in his room I would think, but this time they did not connect to his legs.
The bottom of the chains just kind of swung there.

Interesting???

"Hi!" I whisper shouted, slightly out of breath.
Of course he didn't respond, but that's normal so i didn't take it to heart.

Slowly moving his body back towards the slope of stairs, he moved along with me.
I dont think ive ever been so grateful for his slow movements.

The next minute or so was filled with me making small talk about my day, asking about his even if it didn't matter, and gushing about Dalila.
"I wonder who your main nurses are-" I questioned to myself, raising an eyebrow.

Honestly I have no idea why he isn't putting a hand over my mouth, he just listens and makes eye contact every now and then.

However our little moment didn't last as my body froze once I heard a stampede of footsteps making their way real close to us.
Im going to be fucking trampled aren't i?

A small whimper escaped out of my mouth as I looked behind me, a whole shit ton of patients were barreling around the corner.
They all had the biggest smile on their faces, as if it was July 4, 1776.
FrEeDoM

Michael had instantly noticed my change in behavior, his eyebrows furrowed softly at the sound I emitted.
Looking up, his eyes widened as I looked back at him with worry.

As soon as I did, I felt a strong force pull me aside and then a sudden warmth.
Closing my eyes as I huddled closer towards whoever it was that wrapped their arms around me. in just what felt like a millisecond, all those patients came herding down the stairs with no regards for anyone.