𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."

                                               - R. D. Laing

. . .

It wasn't long until I was in my room with preheated food on a tray.
If i was there for breakfast it would have been fresh but its not like i care either way-

Loomis had put the tray down on the end of my bed as he lowered me down onto the covers.

Man these beds were really comfy now that i think about it, even comfier than the one back home.

The bed wasn't a twin but it wasn't a full queen, just in between and perfect.

Loomis was about to grab the chair that sat next to the window before I stopped him.
"No need, Just sit next to me!"

Scooting over to the side of my bed that was closer to the door, I patted the spot next to me.

"No no that's unprofessional. I couldn't do that."

"Are you serious- You just carried me up and down 7 flights of stairs."I stared at him with the one and only resting bitch face. "If you wanted me to, I could have used my crutches."

His gaze didn't let up as he sighed through his nose, his mouth pinching into a line.

"Your crutches are in the loading truck if you havent noticed- and these stairs are horrible to get anywhere with them."

Bro its just a fucking seat cmon, you cant pull me into a debate im too stubborn.

"Nobody cares, sit down."

"Are you sure?" His eyes went from my bed and back to the chair.

"Would i be this difficult if I wasn't?"

Sighing, he slightly smiled and in a few steps he was at the left side of me.
Taking off his coat, he tossed it in a random corner.

Having no decoration in here means he doesn't really have a place to put it.

Grabbing my tray, i laid it in my lap as he sat down with his legs stretched out.

"Go ahead and start eating while I tell you the little story of how you resnapped your ankle."
 He smirked and snickered shortly.

"Bro it's not like you're reading me a princess story, im not 5."
I said with a shit eating grin, using my fork to stab at the warm eggs.

I gave him my full attention as he began to tell the tale about how I snuck out of my room last night. He moved his arms in a dramatic way every time something irritable came up.
I couldn't help but laugh at his complaints.

"Our security is fucking shit!", He swung his arm up as he looked at me with clear disapointment on his face.
 I bursted out laughing, clutching onto my stomach.

It's just funny watching him diss his own place of work and get so upset about it.

"I'm speaking the truth! It really is-" His eyes widened and his mouth flattened as I was practically dying.

I breathed in rapid deep breaths to calm me down.

"Okay okay, continue." I spoke with my mouth wiggling around.

"Okay so anyway, you had made it past the SLEEPING security guard-"
The story continued on as i ate my bacon, hoping to jesus fuck that i dont end up laughing it out of my mouth.

This moment felt very special to me, i had only known Sam for 3 days but it felt like i knew him since i was a baby.
Right now it feels like I have a family member who actually loves me.
Like an uncle possibly?

Maybe i won't be so alone after all.

"Ya know, if that patient hadn't gotten out last night, your altar might not have been able to grab the key." He looked forward then back at me.

"Of course." I nibbled softly on the toast in my hand, "The one thing that ever goes my way is when I'm stealing without knowledge."

He peered over at me with a hint of pity before I chuckled at the stupidity of my altar's actions.

"Why did I steal a key though? Well two I guess."