Chapter 9

Quiiiick note, the writing might be different from the previous parts bc they were uh.. made a year ago, so yeah.
Don't expect me to finish this book lmao (ok i just finished writing and i got invested i might continue this-)

💊

During dinner there was a weird tension coming from the twins, he didn't know what it was, maybe their dead and staring eyes were already getting to him. He didn't know how to read people.

"And tell me Dream, how are you feeling?" He slightly jumped from the sudden voice, looking up from his plate to see Philza's kind eyes being set on him.

The older really helped a bit with his nerves, he could hear Tubbo and Tommy murmuring things between them, and his friend Sapnap seemed to be really interested in the candles on the walls, so it was pretty silent..
All the sound the twins did was.. nothing. Dead silence. They weren't even eating, not like there was a lot of food on their plates, he mentally noted that when he saw Phil place the porcelain plates down in front of them on the table, it was almost nothing compared to the generous amount of food that he had received.

"I'm.. feeling good actually! Like- better than in that place, h- honestly i like it here-" He stuttered out as he felt everyone look at him, looking back down at his food.

"That's nice, i'm glad you're getting comfortable here" The older responded with the kindest voice he's ever heard in his life, he felt his cheeks flush in embarrassment when he heard his friend laugh next to him.

"I also like it here!" Sapnap chimed in with excitement, grinning widely like a happy child, which he actually was, they all were still children technically, they just.. were treated like adults.
Always treated like that, it seemed.

Philza gave them a warm smile before directing his attention to Tubbo and Tommy.

For a second he felt.. okay. Warm, someway. Like it was all finally fine.
But it wasn't long-lasting, as he catched a glimpse of Wilbur on the corner of his eye.

He turned to see him and he had an amused look on his eyes, like he was trying to comprehend something, however, the emotion seemed to shift when they made eye contact, changing to something.. challenging? No, more like.. fascinated.

"Hey Dream" He said not even a second after "Just by curiosity.. how did you get in there?" He questioned as he rested his chin on his interlocked hands, looking up at the blonde with a grin on his face.

The question took him by surprise, he did not expect that and he also doesn't know how to answer that-
"Uhm.. i don't- really- remember anything.. like from before i got locked up, just some vague stuff like having a family and.. that's literally it, actually" He said truthfully, seeing Wilbur's face morph into curiosity.

"Aw that's so sad! I wanted to know more about you, Phil doesn't get out random people out of there, there has to be a reason.." He said with a somehow sickly sweet voice, he couldn't understand this guy.

"Well- what did you do? I- if you don't mind me asking-" As soon as he said that Phil turned to look at him, but there was nothing negative on his expression, all he found was.. amusement.
Or maaaaybe Dream sucks at reading people's expressions, which is fair.

"See Phil! I toold you! He'd care~" The brunette cooed as he poked Phil's arm repeteadly, causing the blonde to sigh with a small chuckle.
"Sorry honey, it's just that this old man thought that you two would be too intimidated by us to say something!" Wilbur said happily, that's when Niki looked up from her plate to stare at them.

"O- oh-" Dream muttered before processing his behavior, he seems to be creepily sweet.. noted.

"Well, answering your question! I got sent to that place after i killed six students from my class, i was mainly going to jail buuut my sister here helped me too and i got accused of being some kind of stalker." He rambled like it was the simplest thing in the world, something casual in his tone and voice light as a feather with his words.
"Which is kinda true! But only with people i disliked, you know? People that.. talked a lot with others." He tried to clarify, but it only gave Dream chills.

Now he was curious too.

"Can i know what happened..?" He asked with an end on his voice that ended up more in a different type of question, as if he was questioning if he could ask that.. question? His brain was doing things, and he didn't know what those things were.

"Well, after i murdered those bitches we tried to make the school go boom, but something went wrong and we ended up being the ones who blew up! We had a couple incidents before that but those are the main reasons why we were taken to that hospital, we were only like what? Twelve years old?" He honestly couldn't get over how casual this man was.

Well, now he knew the type of people that he would spend his life with.

The twins didn't seem that bad, because he could understand how it was to not have control over yourself.
He couldn't confirm anything, maybe these two were completely crazy, but if they were still here then there must be a reason why they're this way..
And he wanted to find out.

💊

Their breathing was heavy, trying to pull on the chair that they were tied to, but it was useless.

They closed their eyes tightly when the bright and blinding light above them turned on, tears threatening to fall as they saw a mirror look back at them as soon as they opened their eyes.
Just by the look of their reflection they wanted to tear at their own skin.

"This is experiment number three, the kid seems to still be triggered and aggresive" He heard a voice say from one of the walls, screaming at the top of their lungs to try to get the attention of whoever was at the other side of the mirrors.

"PLEASE LET ME GO!!" He tore out of his throat with the strength they had left.

He wasn't sick.
They weren't sick.
They were just a kid.