[𝟒] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

[AURORA]

After a successful trip to the bank yesterday, Enzo has agreed we could go shopping for clothes. He also agreed I could get some groceries for his house. But more important... clothes!

I only wanted to go to the bank because I knew my parents put away college funds, which I won't use. So I took out most of the money and put it on a card. Enzo stood behind me the whole time. His hood up over his head as he scowled.

I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I walk back into Enzo's room and sit on the bed. I open the new phone I purchased yesterday, turning it on.

I stand again, going to put on the sweats Enzo brought me this morning. And strangely, they smell like him. Fresh and minty.

I put the sweatpants on slowly, still being cautious about my arm. I slip the shirt on, the muscle tee making it easier to slip my arm through. Good thinking Enzo.

I put on the jacket, zipping it up to my chin. I grab my phone and walk out of the room with my sneakers. I walk down stairs to the living room, waiting for Enzo.

I set up my phone as I wait, downloading social medias. I download a few books to keep me busy. Mostly spicy.

Enzo comes down the stairs, dressed in a black suit and pants with a white shirt underneath, "You took longer than me."

He laughs, "That's because we're going to the mall, which is crowded. I don't know who I'll see."

Panic rises under my skin, I haven't been around a crowd of people in two years, maybe four or five people at a time. "I'm staying with you, right?"

He nods, "Yeah, unless you need to use the bathroom."

I exhale, "Okay."

We leave, heading out to his car and getting in, my arm brushes the seat and I let out a cry, "Shit!"

Enzo is next to me in a second, a worried expression on his face, "Are you okay?"

I swallow, "I'm okay, I just rubbed it against the seat."

He nods, looking me over again before going around and getting into the car. He turns on the engine and AC before leaving the drive way, he turns to me, "Do you want Starbucks?" He asks, shrugging, "I think girls like that, Right?"

I squeal in excitement, "Oh, my god. I haven't had coffee in two years. I definitely want some."

He laughs, "Okay."

— « ❀ » —

Don't panic, Don't. Panic.

My breathing increases as we step foot into the mall. People swarm all around me, looking me up and down. I harden my stare, not showing emotion. Enzo looks at me, "Are you okay?"

"Peachy."

He looks me over skeptically before turning around and walking into Old Navy. Clothes hang on the walls, shoes on tables. I gasp when I see the prettiest shirt, a red halter top. I pick it up from the rack, showing Enzo, "Is this cute?"