[𝟓] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

[AURORA]

After yesterday's event, Enzo has been glued to his phone or computer, a permanent scowl placed on his face. He walks down the stairs, just getting out of the guest bathroom. His body covered in comfortable clothes, "What are you watching?" He asks, sitting down beside me on the couch.

"Gilmore girls."

He scoffs, "Don't teenagers watch this stuff?"

I raise my eyebrows, looking at him, "No." I say, crossing my arms, "I knew plenty of people who watched it before I got put away."

He stills, "About that... can you tell me what happened?" He asks, "Why you got put in there?"

I look down and my lap, playing with my fingers, "I, um..." I tear runs down my cheek, "killed people."

He nods, his expression soft, "How many?"

"Two."

He nods again, "Why didn't you go to jail?"

"The court decided I wasn't stable enough to be in prison..." I say, putting my fingers up in air quotes, "Said I wasn't fit for jail, like that was a thing."

He laughs, "You don't seem that crazy."

"I killed a person when I escaped, I slit her throat. I blacked out. I barely remember, I threw the shirt before I went into your house, that's why I was shirtless."

"That makes sense."

I laugh, "Not my greatest first impression." I say, biting my lip, "And I did fall asleep on the toilet and manage to get shot."

He belly laughs, holding his stomach as he coughs, "That was a great first impression if you ask me."

I smile, getting up from the couch and going to the kitchen, grabbing a packet of ramen. I grab a pot, filling it with water and sticking it on the hot stove top, my bad arm aching as I use it to stir it.

"You wanna go to a party?" Enzo asks from the living room.

I scoff, "We almost died two times this week and you want to go out?"

"Yes?"

I sigh, "I guess. But I don't have anything pretty."

"I already figured that out."

I laugh, "Of course you did.

— « ❀ » —

I stare at the piece of clothing laid out on the bed. The red dress has sparkles spread out from the breast to the mid-thigh, the dress reaching mid-thigh as well.

I scoff, not feeling confident enough to wear this. Even though my body has grown smaller from the lack of food I've given my body over the years. my eating disorder was the 'talk of the town'... and even after everyone found out, they would continue to make fun of me.

I knock sounds at the door, "Are you okay?"

Tears fall freely down my face, my sobs are covered by my hands. The door opens and Enzo comes in, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, his chin touching my head, "You wanna talk about it?"