The New Nurse and Danny

Scott ran so fast he was practically flying down the hallway, ignoring the calls from passing teachers. When he finally reached the nurse's office he found the door to be locked. He pressed his ear to the door hoping to hear anything that would reassure him Stiles was okay.

As per usual, luck was not on his side, as there was absolute silence on the other side of the door. Scott knocked and quickly thought up an excuse to why he would need the nurse. It wasn't hard, all he had to do was fake a stomachache. He clutched his stomach, wincing to really sell the act, and patiently awaited the appearance of this new nurse.

The door soon creaked open and a face popped out. "Scott? Is everything okay?", the man asked. "Deaton?! You're the new nurse?", Scott sighed relieved but confused. "I thought it would be best to aid Stiles as he transitions into his Kot self so I applied as soon as I heard the regular nurse was retiring.", Deaton explained calmly. "And you didn't think to tell me, or anyone for that matter, in advance? I was worried that there was something going on!", Scott lectured. "Well I didn't think you'd go insane just because of a new nurse!", Deaton argued. "This is Beacon Hills, any new person could be a threat!", Scott defended. "Fair point.", Deaton admitted.

Scott sighed again and pushed his way into the nurse's office. Deaton closed the door behind him and resumed what he was doing. Scott watched as Stiles slept and Deaton hooked an IV into the slumbering Kot's arm to rehydrate him. Then, the druid man took Stiles' hand and showed it to Scott. "His claws are coming in. We're lucky this happened right after he was sent to me, otherwise your friend Danny might've noticed that something was seriously wrong with Stiles.", Deaton told Scott. "Actually, I think Danny knows about all the supernatural stuff. He hasn't said it directly to me but he makes jokes that seem like he knows.", Scott replied. "Well then we're more lucky than I thought. It seems if he knows, he volunteered to help Stiles because he knew it was something supernatural."

Scott sighed for what must've been the hundredth time that day. "Yeah, lucky."

****

"Okay everyone! As you may have heard, Stiles fainted today. It was caused by dehydration, so I'm going to need every pack member to help monitor him and make sure he stays hydrated and keep a lookout for any signs of transformation.", Deaton said. The pack glanced over to Stiles, who was on Derek's couch, pressing one of his hoodies to his face to keep out the wolf smell. He looked back, glancing at each pack member except Derek, before asking "What?". "What? What do you mean what? Why didn't you hydrate yourself properly, you know you need more water now.", Lydia lectured.

"I tried to get water but coach wouldn't let me! Don't blame the victim!", Stiles retorted. "Guys! Are we not gonna talk about the elephant in the room?", Jackson piped up. They all glanced over to Danny who was awkwardly standing next to the twins. "Hi.", Danny said, giving an awkward
smile and wave. "He's here because he already knows about Beacon Hills being a hub for supernatural creatures and he helped Stiles when he fainted. Besides, it is Danny's cat that's supposed to be Stiles' spiritual guide so Danny being a part of the pack makes it easier for Stiles.", Scott explained. Stiles nodded in response and swapped his hoodie for one of Danny's.

Derek glared annoyed at the sight of Stiles burying his face into someone else's hoodie. He then turned his attention to glare at the owner of said hoodie. Danny, feeling understandably intimidated, stepped back to hide behind the twins. Noticing the change in atmosphere, and his idiot nephew's mood, Peter quickly changed the subject to inquire about how they would know if Stiles needed water or not.

His plan succeeded and soon Derek was focused on listening to Deaton instead of glaring at Danny or his hoodie in Stiles' hands.

****

Derek didn't understand why it irritated him so much. Maybe it was because he supposedly was the only wolf that didn't smell bad to Stiles, yet the Kot never asked him for a Derek-scented hoodie. Maybe it was because he was warming up to the idea of being Stiles' mate. No! That last one couldn't be true. Derek thought. There is no way I actually like Stiles being attracted to me. But as much as he tried denying it, the thought of Stiles being his mate and using his hoodie brought a small smile to Derek's face that night. And he had another dream about Stiles. This time, it was PG and about adopting kids together.

****

"Hey, Deaton!", Issac hollered after the emissary. "What is it Issac?", Deaton asked. "I was wondering, if Kots are so repulsed by the smell of canines, why aren't wolves repulsed by felines?", Issac questioned. "Because felines are more cold and calculating creatures who despise the ones who've wronged them. But canines are much more likely to be friendly and accepting. That's because canines have always been exceptional predators based off pure strength, whereas felines became cold overtime from having to be more sneaky and calculating. Felines may be predators, but they are also prey to many.", Deaton answered. Isaac thanked Deaton for his time and ran off to get one last goodbye in with Scott before he would have to wait for school.

****

The next day, Stiles woke up and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth like he does every morning. But this morning, something was different. His eyes glowed a bright green in the mirror above his sink. He gasped as touched the bags under his eyes as if it would help him get a closer look. He then noticed his claws. Maybe it was just part of the transition process. Deaton did mention his claws appearing shortly after he fainted. But Stiles thought it might also be due to the heated nature of his dream: A fight. He couldn't see who he was fighting in the dream but maybe it triggered his inner Kot to come out while he slept. He'd ask Deaton about it later between classes.

He rushed off to school and picked up Scott on the way, making the wolf hold a hoodie to Stiles' mouth and nose to keep the smell out. He parked the Jeep in the student parking lot and they went to their class as normal.

****

Stiles was in his world history class now, and he couldn't stop smelling the wolves around him. Boyd, Erica, Scott, Issac, the twins, Malia who was technically a coyote, and Jackson. Even the new girl Kira smelt off because she was a fox which is still a canine creature. He had to find a way out of that school.

He was starting to panic a little, because the smell and presence of canines made him feel threatened. Before he could find a way to leave, Boyd was throwing his books to the ground to distract the teacher and Erica was pointing to her eyes and mouthing the words "calm down now".

Stiles took a breath and shut his eyes to hide the glow, calming down and finally asking to get water after the teacher stopped asking Boyd what he threw his books for.

Stiles speed-walked to Deaton's office, and took a breath of fresh air when he entered. "How come it doesn't smell like wolves in here when the smell lingers in the rest of the school's buildings?", Stiles asked. "Because I bought an air freshener.", Deaton laughed. "Not all of my tricks are related to the supernatural.", he said. "Right.", chuckled the Kot in response.

"If you're feeling overwhelmed by the smell I could try using wolfsbane to help you block out the scent. It won't hurt you because you're a Kot, but it might block the smell for you instead. I can put it in one of those jar necklaces kids carry around nowadays. The ones with 'fairy dust' inside of them.", Deaton offered. "That'd be great, thanks.", Stiles replied.

And so, Deaton made Stiles a 'jar necklace' full of powdered wolfsbane that helped block out most of the wolfie scent that came off his friends.