Saving Derek

"Well I didn't think resurrection was possible, I've no idea how to bring them back.", Deaton explained. "It's possible Lydia could do it on her own, but that's only a theory, it's never been done before." "Well then what do we have to do to make sure she can bring her and Danny back?!", Jackson asked, hopefully. "I'm not sure, but I can't imagine they'd be able to come back without bodies.", Deaton said.

And so, the pack set out to dig up some graves. Yay.

Once there, it didn't take long. With an entire pack of werewolves on grief steroids, they pulled up the coffin in record time. Not that anyone knew the record for fastest grave digging time. (But they were pretty sure the Winchesters held it.)

After an hour or so of waiting, the coffins flew opened, and two perfectly healthy, unharmed, living people sat up looking shocked and exhausted.

"Lydia!", Allison screamed, running to throw her arms around her. "Danny!", Jackson and Ethan yelled at the same time, throwing their arms around him. Aidan patiently waited for his turn to hug Lydia as Allison sobbed and Lydia comforted her. The rest of the pack cried tears of joy.

"Okay, everyone calm down! We know you're all excited to see us alive again but we need to save Stiles and Derek!", Danny announced. "What do you mean, Derek's dead and Stiles doesn't seem to be in any danger?", Liam asked. "Yeah, Stiles seems fine aside from the loss of his mate.", Mason added.

"Well he's not. And Derek's alive. Nick kidnapped him and is trying to brainwash Stiles so he can steal his power!", Lydia exclaimed. "What?!", the pack all screamed simultaneously. "Yeah, you hear and see a lot when you're dead.", Danny quipped.

"C'mon, we can lead you to the place Nick's holding Derek in.", Lydia commanded.

————

Derek was staring to give up. He had pushed against the mountain ash barrier until his arms went limp and he had kicked at it until he fell to the floor. A single tear rolled down his cheeks. He had pushed the feeling down as long as he could but he knew the truth. Stiles was no longer his mate, he was Nick's. And Derek.... well, he was going to die down here.

Boom! The door was knocked off it's hinges as Lydia screamed at it. Danny kicked away the mountain ash and everyone rushed to grab Derek and lead him out of the filthy basement. Then, everything went black.

————

Stiles groaned and whined as he begrudgingly changed to go to the pack meeting. He had been having such a good time face-timing Nick all afternoon. Just yesterday, he had woken up sobbing because he could no longer feel Derek. But now? Now he could only think about how much he loved Nick. How much he cherished him. How much he wanted to marry him and be his mate and raise a family together. Adopted children of course, they were both men.

Stiles trudged outside to his Jeep. Once he got in, a voice rang out from behind him. "Miss me?"

Nick!

Stiles whipped around, smiling wide. "Nick! Of course I missed you! Face-timing isn't enough, I want to be with you always.", he pouted. Nick laughed, climbing into the passenger seat. "Well maybe we should get married then, my love.", he said. "Wait... really?! Oh my god, I'm so happy you feel the same! We should get married as soon as possible!", Stiles yelled happily. "Too bad the pack probably won't give us their blessing...", Nick sighed dramatically. "Who cares? We don't need their blessing!", Stiles exclaimed.

"Oh but we do. Unfortunately, you need the pack's blessing to marry someone in a werewolf pack. I mean, you could always break off from the pack. They're just a bunch of dogs. And you're a Kot! Your kind prefers solitude anyways.", Nick argued. "You're right. We'll go to the pack meeting, but only to announce we're getting married. And if they don't give us their blessing, I'll leave the pack." Stiles stated.

"Sounds perfect to me, my love.", Nick smirked.