Death and Chains

Derek's eyes opened slowly and he tried to get used to the bright light in front of him. His head hurt and when he tried to grab it, he found his hands chained to the ceiling. He thrashed around for a bit, before taking in his surroundings.

"Awake, are you?", a voice called from the darkness. Derek recognized the voice to be Nick's. But he was supposed to have left town? "Don't bother trying to get out of those, they're made from mountain ash. I had a friend put them on you.", Nick said, sauntering out of the shadows, as he motioned towards another figure.

"Aww, it's not that impressive.", the figure said. Whoever it was, they sounded female. "Maybe you've met my associate?", Nick asked. When the figure stepped into the light, Derek could feel his heart drop, the blood drain from his face, his hands go limp with shock...

"Kate."

————

Lydia could feel herself dying. But what was worse, she could feel Danny joining her in death. Not only was she going to die, but the others wouldn't be able to save Danny either, and no one had any idea where Derek was. She had hoped he might jump out to save her last minute, like some kind of hero. But he never did.

As she took her last breath, there was only one thought in her mind. I need to warn Stiles!

————

"Nothing's working!", Scott exclaimed. "Well we have to keep trying, we can't just let Danny die!", Stiles yelled back his reply. "I'm sorry. I don't think I can do anything else, it appears as though only some sort of supernatural miracle could save him now.", Melissa said.

"I wish I had one of those...", Deaton sighed somberly. Issac was starting to cry now. "Is there really nothing we can do?!", he sobbed. "You could take some of his pain. Help him die peacefully.", Deaton said. Scott and Issac each took one of Danny's hands, taking some of his pain. Stiles just silently watched, tears dripping from his face. Losing a member of your pack, it hurts. Really bad. I guess they just weren't expecting it to be this bad. It's almost like they were losing 2 people.

————

"Do you feel that?", Erica asked. The rest of the pack nodded, confusion evident on their faces. Well, almost the rest of the pack. Danny, Lydia, Scott, Issac, Derek, and Stiles hadn't shown up to the pack meeting. It was strange. But not as strange as whatever was happening to them now.

The pack all shared the same feeling, a sort of loss. But they had no idea what they could be losing. They exchanged worries glances, deciding maybe they should go look for the others. Derek and Stiles had an excuse for being late, with the two of them going on a date, but the others were definitely supposed to be here on time. It worries the pack that they weren't.

Jackson piled as many pack members as he could into his Porsche, not caring if they ruined it. Well, mostly not caring. The others all decided to go on foot, everyone deciding to check the school first for some reason.

————

The Porsche pulled up as the rest of the pack skidded to a halt on their feet. "Does anyone else smell blood?!", a worried Liam asked. "Yep. And I'm not so sure it's coming from someone who's alive.", Malia responded. Peter, who tagged along uninvited, stopped everyone before they could walk in. "Wait. Do you smell that?", he asked.

"Oh the blood, yeah we've already established that!", Kira exclaimed, irritated and worried. "No you stupid teenagers! That perfume. It's Lydia's, isn't it?", Peter said. Allison started to run, bursting through the school doors and following the trail on blood and scratches on the lockers.

The pack filed into the library, stopping dead in their tracks when they saw Lydia. "Please tell me I'm seeing things.", Jackson said. "No... No... NO!!!", Allison screamed. She fell at Lydia's side, grabbing her hands tight in her own. "She could still be alive, we have to call 911!", Allison yelled. "Ally...", Erica started. "No! Don't you dare say she's gone, you don't know that for sure!"

"She doesn't have a heartbeat, Allison...", Boyd spoke up for once. Allison sobbed, picking up Lydia's body and hugging it close to her chest.

"No..."

————

"Hello again Derek.", Kate greeted. "Working with a vampire? That's a new low.", Derek spat. "Aww, nothings too low for me sweetheart.", Kate said. "Now that you two have had the chance to catch up, why don't you tell us about Stiles? That cute little Kot of yours.", Nick asked. "What do you want with him?!", Derek demanded.

"Calm down, lover boy. We don't want to hurt him. Well, not me at least. Can't say the same about Kate.", Nick said. "Then what do you want with my mate?!", Derek asked again. "Mate?", Kate asked. "Oh you didn't know? Lover boy and that adorable Kot are mates. Of course the Kot almost broke the bond, but it's not like it can't still be broken.", Nick smirked.

Kate smirked right back and turned to Derek. "So you really didn't learn from last time. Maybe I'll have to set Stiles' house on fire too.", Kate laughed. Derek growled lowly. "Hey! The deal was neither of us would hurt him until after I was able to pry him away from his pack!", Nick exclaimed. "And you really thought I'd negotiate with a blood sucking monster?", Kate laughed again.

"No, but I was hoping we could be civil for at least a day.", Nick said. He cracked his neck and surged forward, biting down on Kate's neck. She gasped as clutched her bleeding neck as Nick stumbled back. "What the hell?!", he yelled, mouth burning and fangs retreating. "I laced my blood with a little something special.", Kate smiled, falling to her knees as blood gushed from her neck.

Derek watched with temporary glee as Kate died in the basement he was being held captive in. Nick wiped his mouth with a slight cough. "Well, that certainly puts a damper on my plans. No matter, I can still steal Stiles all the same. You're stupid pack could never harness his power like I can.", Nick said.

"So that's why you want him. For his powers? He'll never go with you, and even if you kidnap him Kot's have to share their power willingly. Stiles would never do that.", Derek said. "He might if he's doing it for love. And I intend to make him do it for love.", Nick smirked.

"You're gonna threaten to hurt me? Well I've got news for you. Stiles knows I'm strong. He'd never give in, he'll help me break out and together we will kill you.", Derek said. Nick laughed hysterically. "Oh you think you're the love I was talking about? No, I'm not going to exploit his love for you... I'm going to exploit his love for me.", Nick said.

"What are you taking about, Stiles doesn't have any feelings for you! He loves me, and I love him, we're mates!", Derek exclaimed. "Not for long. In about 4 days, without you consummating the mate bond, it'll break. And then, I can hypnotize him into loving me. He won't ever want to stop sharing his power with me then. And he won't ever want to save you.", Nick smirked.

"Well you still wouldn't be his mate, and as long as his new mate finds him, they can get Stiles to snap out of the hypnosis!", Derek said. As much as it pained him that Nick was right, and they won't be mates anymore in 5 days if they don't consummate the bond properly, he would rather lose Stiles' love than lose Stiles.

"Actually, I have a plan for that too. I found a nifty little spell that'll allow me to force a mate bond between the two of us. And I have no problem consummating the bond with him, unlike you. I'll even go a step further, the consummation process for supernatural creatures only requires us to get married, but I'll even consummate it the human way; sex.", Nick laughed. He sure does a lot of laughing and smirking.

Derek struggle sun his chains. "I don't have a problem with marrying him! We were going to do it in 2 days to officiate the bond. And Stiles would never have sex with you! Not only will he hate you, but he's not even ready you pompous jerk!", Derek spat.

"Oh. Well that's too bad, I was really hoping to sleep with him. He's quite the cute little Kot, isn't he? And Stiles won't be able to hate me if I've mated with him and hypnotized him!", Nick said. "God, werewolves can be so stupid sometimes!"

Nick rolled his eyes before turning to leave, dragging Kate's body along with him and ignoring Derek's protests and empty threats. Soon, he would have Stiles in the palm of his hands.