First Time

Everything seemed to be going well for the two lovers now, well, if you don't count the sneaking around as to not let Noah find out Derek was spending the night often. Very often.

And some of those nights, he wasn't exactly sleeping when he was in Stiles' bed. They had been having secret make out sessions for the past 2 weeks now, but it never went further than that.

Stiles wasn't ready just yet, and Derek accepted that. Besides, Stiles had enough to deal with when it came to mastering his newfound Kot abilities, he didn't need to be nervous about his first time too.

————

Stiles and Derek sat cuddled up on the couch in Derek's loft. It was movie night for the pack tonight. Everyone had come over with a few snacks and some dvds since Derek refused to pay for a streaming service. They debated on what to watch for a little while until finally, they settled on watching Legally Blonde. Erica was probably the most excited to watch it because she had a huge crush on Reese Witherspoon.

"Hey! Quit hogging all the popcorn!", Stiles snapped at Jackson. Jackson just rolled his eyes and moved the popcorn further away from Stiles. Derek smiled at Stiles' annoyed face and shoved a candy bar in his face. "Here, something to keep your mouth busy so you stop interrupting the movie.", Derek quipped. Erica shushed them from her spot on a beanbag chair.

Stiles tried to refocus on the movie but now his mind wandered to Derek and their brief talk last night.

————

"Are you sure you're okay with us not going further than this?", Stiles asked Derek softly, hands resting on the alpha's chest. "Stiles, how many times do I have to say it? I'm fine with however far you feel comfortable going, all I need is to be with you.", the man replied. He kept his voice quiet and reassuring. He hoped Stiles would stop worrying about being enough for him, it made Derek upset to know his mate was anxious.

————

Stiles shifted on the couch, trying to stop thinking about it. He didn't want the others to smell his worry and think something was up, so he focused all his thought on the movie. It wasn't that hard after he realized that Elle was a barbie badass. For some reason, he had never watched this movie before, but it was now his new favorite thing.

Well, Derek was his favorite thing, but this movie was a close second.

Derek also kept thinking back to their talk. He didn't want to push Stiles and he was worried Stiles might be feeling pressured to just do it already. But Derek didn't want Stiles' first time to be because he felt like he had to. Derek wanted to find a way to show Stiles it really was okay if he wasn't ready yet. But how?

————

It was one of those nights again. Stiles was awake almost all night, working on assignments and trying to catch up. He'd missed a lot of school recently because of all the supernatural chaos going on.

As he was finishing up a math problem, Derek slid his window open and crept into his room. The man immediately pulled Stiles away from his schoolwork and brought him to sit on the bed.

Derek was being incredibly gentle, and he sat them down in a way that Stiles could tell Derek wanted to talk. Stiles prepared himself for the worst. He thought Derek might break up with him because he wasn't able to satisfy the man.

But then Derek took Stiles' hands in his, and said some of the sweetest things Stiles had ever heard.

"Stiles, you know that I love you very much. And we've had quite the journey so far, with you becoming a Kot, finding out we're mates, and more. But I want you to know I'm prepared to go on this journey with you for as long as I'm alive. And that means, I'm prepared to get through everything in life with you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter to me if we have sex or not, I just want to continue experiencing life with you.", Derek spoke softly.

Stiles felt like he might cry. Derek brushed a hand on Stiles cheek, wiping away a stray tear. "How did I manage to get a guy like you?", Stiles smiled softly. His voice cracked as he finally left his tears flow, like a river of joy. He smiled as Derek put his forehead against his, closing his eyes. "Just lucky I guess.", Derek joked.

Stiles chuckled and leant in more to wrap Derek up in a warm embrace. His tears stained the sleeve of Derek's muscle-shirt, but neither man cared much. They stayed like that for a while before falling asleep holding hands.

————

Noah Stilinski got home around 10 at night. He went upstairs to check on Stiles and found his fast asleep, clutching Derek Bale's hand like it his life depended on it. The sheriff's face grew a small smile, and he quietly shut the door, leaving the two to sleep. He could always kill Derek later. For now, he'd let Stiles be happy.

He was still getting used to the whole mate thing, and how his son was mated to a werewolf. Or that his son was a Kot, which his mother failed to share with him before she died.

But, the sheriff still supported and loved his son no matter what. And if his son really loved Derek Hale, a grumpy wolf-man with family issues for days, then Noah was going to have to suck it up and be happy for him.

Noah just prays that they'll adopt some kids so he can be a grandad.

————

It's been quite a while since they found Stiles in the cave and he and Derek realized their feelings for each other. Things were quiet in Beacon Hills. Too quiet. And Stiles couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to roll into town and try to ruin everything.