11

I did end up texting Yeji last night about meeting her today to discuss about Yuna's possible future in her company.

I'm supposed to go to her office after work. I wanted to ask if we could meet somewhere else but I guess she's busy and she just made time to squeeze me in.

"Are you gonna be okay? Do you need me to go?" Chaeryeong ask.

"I can go too. I'm good at kicking old people" Heejin proudly claims.

"You shouldn't say that out loud around people" I chuckle.

"I'm just saying. You have your strengths and I have mine" she shrugs her shoulders.

"I'm serious, Ryu. Do you need me to come?" My best friend ask again.

She actually skipped her last class of the day to come here to check if I need company when going to see Yeji. She even took a cab and everything.

"I'm okay, Ryeong. It might catch more people's attention if you go because my best friend is smokin' hot!" I cover my mouth while making woot woot sound.

"Just go" Chaeryeong shakes her head at me while Heejin laughs.

"What about me? Am I hot?" Heejin ask.

"Ehh, you alright" I answer while laughing.

"You little!" She tries to hit me but I run away.

"I have to go! See you later!" I take off running to my car.

I get in my car and drive to the HwangShin main building. I try my best to distract myself during the drive but my hand won't stop sweating. I've actually never been here. Our dad never took us because we weren't ready yet.

I look around once I enter the lobby. It's nice and modern looking. There's pictures of their models scattered on the walls. It's pretty decent size.

"May I help you?" A friendly woman ask. I probably look really lost right now.

"Ahh I have an appointment with Miss Hwang. The name is Ryujin" I whisper my name part.

"Alright, I see you here. She will be right with you. She's in a meeting right now" the lovely lady informs me.

"Thank you" I turn around to sit in the waiting area but I'm met with man's chest instead.

"I'm sorry" I look up to see it's my father.

"What are you doing here?" He looks angry. What are the odds of me seeing my father like this? Clearly, pretty high.

"I have a—" he grabs my arms and drags me to the elevator.

I don't bother fighting back since we are in a professional environment. I remind myself that this isn't only my father's company so if I do anything that can ruin its reputation then I'll be hurting the people that works here and the Hwangs.

The elevator ride is awkward. I can sense his anger and how much he's trying to control himself. I really don't know why he's mad since I didn't press charges when he beat me the last time.

"Follow me" he whispers before exiting the elevator.

I do what he sees and I follow him. He walks past his employees and he seems like a lovely man. It's all crap. His whole act is crap. These people think he's a nice guy but in reality he's not.

Sometimes I wonder if he's hatred for me is really because that I'm gay. I don't understand why he gets so angry that he hurts me when he sees me. I don't live with him anymore. I don't contact him. We can literally pretend we don't know each other.