48

Today is my first day at HwangShin. I'm definitely nervous and I constantly feel like I have to take a poop but I know it's only because I'm nervous.

Heejin and Beomgyu are starting today too. Although, for the past week, they have been going to the company for training after working at the factory.

"You ready?" Chaeryeong prepared breakfast for me.

"No? Yea? I don't know" I say while sitting down at the table.

"You got this. I believe in you" She smiles at me.

"Thanks" I take deep breaths.

After breakfast, I thank Chaeryeong then I head to work. Yeji says she will meet me at the front of the building.

I park my car and get out. I jump to try to shake off my nerves. Why am I even nervous? I've been at the company almost everyday for the past couple of weeks so it's not like I'm not familiar with the place.

"Miss Shin, I'm here to escort you to the building" a big guy bows to me.

"Uhh, I think I'm okay but please just call me Ryujin" I say to him.

"I can't let you go alone. The building is filled with reporters. Word got out that Mr. Shin's daughter is taking over. Since a lot of the public people didn't even know he had children, they're here to see you" he says.

I do find it interesting that even though Yuna lived with him for years after kicking me out yet not many people in the public or even in the company knew she existed. I guess our mom really meant it that he didn't want children. It was only her that wanted kids.

"What about Yuna? Is she okay?" I ask.

"Luckily, she's not in their radar. Only you because you're taking over your father's position in the company."

My phone rings and I see that it's Yeji so I answer right away.

"Babe, I'm sorry I couldn't get to you, it's crazy here. I don't know how they found out" she says but I'm too focus on her calling me babe.

"It's okay. What should I do? A big guy is here saying he's here to escort me but am I like sneaking in?" I ask.

"No, just walk in like normal. Some guards will be protecting you. Walk with confidence. Don't let them see that you're unsure of anything. You're the boss now so show them" she advices.

"This isn't how I pictured my first day" I sigh.

"I know. We didn't plan for this either. But it's gonna be okay. They can't go past the lobby so I'll see you in your office, okay? I love you" She tries to cheer me up.

"I love you too. I'll see you soon" I say before hanging up.

"I guess we should go" I say to the big guy.

He leads the way to the building where we're met with the security guards. He wasn't kidding when he said that there's reporters in this place.

I see so many flashes right before my eyes from all the picture taking.

"Is it true that you and your mom planned all of this to take the company away from your dad?" One reporter shouts.

I look at him about to answer when another reporter ask a question, "Did you become close with Mr. Hwang's daughter so you can take this position from your dad?"

"Do you think it's unfair that they let him go just so you can work here?"

"Do you not care that your dad is hurt by all of this?"