37

Today, I've decided to hang out with Winter since I have so much free time on my hand because of my hand. I internally chuckle. 

"Ryujin, why would you want to meet up near your dad's company?" Winter ask while looking over the menu. 

"So I'm nearby in case Yeji needs me" I answer. 

"You know I think it's funny how both of our parents are shit" She laughs. 

"The more I think about my situation the angrier I get. I know I'm the one that ran away but the fact that they stopped caring as soon as I became an adult makes me believe that they only got the cops involved to begin with is to show face to their stuck up friends that they're loving parents that's missing a child. If that was my kid, I would still have people search for them even as adults because I would want to know that they're okay" She scoffs. 

"Then your parents are just assholes. How can they throw you out just because you're gay" she seems to be getting riled up. 

"So you really haven't tried contacting your parents since you ran away?" I ask.

"Nope. The day I left, I've never felt more free. I didn't realize how suffocated I was feeling with their parenting" she shares.

"How can they expect me to change how I act just so I can fit their image of a perfect daughter. I don't want to act lady like all the time. I can't live like that where someone is correcting me every time I just want to be comfortable" she continues to let out her frustration. 

"How are things with Karina?" I ask. 

Karina and I would text here and there but I don't really ask about Winter. We talk about everything else except Winter because I'm not sure if that's something I'm allowed to ask about as her cousin. They might be going through something and she might think I'm taking Winter's side since we're related. 

"They're good actually. It was awkward at first when I told her my feelings but she said she realized that I've always been there for her. She was blind and didn't want to risk our friendship so she never thought of me that way but the more she thought about it, aside from fear, what else was stopping her? So she slowly started letting me in and now we're dating" Winter smiles. 

"I'm guessing you and Yeji are doing well since you said you're here in case Yeji needs something" She gives me a teasing look. 

"I think we're going good. We kissed twice" I proudly announce. 

The server comes and takes our order. 

We start reminiscing about our childhood and all the times we hung out together. We talk about everything wrong about our parents. I share stuff about Yuna to her and her working as model for our dad's company. She finds that amusing. 

We also talk about Soobin a little bit since she does know him being in the same soccer team. I guess the friendly giant has always been sweet but she has never seen him take care of anyone the way he does with me. I mentioned how since I'm off work, money has been tighter even with worker's compensation so he has been giving me money to help out. I was against it and refused to accept it but he got to the point that he won't even ask if I need money. He will just leave it at my apartment then when I try to return it, he refuses to acknowledge that he gave it to me. 

Soobin is stubborn at times too.

I'm having fun and laughing with Winter when someone stops in front of our table and clears their throat. I look up, "Yeji! What are you doing here?" I say, happy to see her. 

"Well, I have my employees telling me that you're on a date with someone so I had to see it for myself" she looks angry. Then I remember, she's never met Winter.