46

"You're really leaving?" Heejin ask, about ready to cry.

I slowly nod my head, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. She will be fine. This is amazing for you. You get to be close with Yeji, you and your mom are trying to fix things, you get to work with your friend and sister. There's so many positive things with you accepting the offer. We will be okay. We will still be friends. Don't mind Heejin" Beomgyu shows his support.

I told them about my mom too. Beomgyu didn't know as much as Heejin regarding the situation with my parents but both were surprised to find out that I agreed to try to fix my relationship with my mom.

"I'll miss working with you two though. Heejin made this job fun from the beginning and Beomgyu, you treated me so well as your apprentice" I say.

"We're rooting for you, Ryujin. We want you to be happy and successful in life" Heejin smiles at me.

"I guess it's time for us to divorce" she fakes cry.

I laugh at her silliness.

"It's probably best. You might find a new work wife and it would be hard if we're still together" I play along.

"And you two wonder why some people here think that you two are actually dating" Beomgyu shakes his head.

I have two weeks until I leave so I'm gonna enjoy every moment with them. This job became important to me because of the people I work with.

---

After work, I stop by the company to just check things out. Yeji thought it might be a good idea to get familiar with the place before actually starting.

She's busy with other stuff so Jisu is the one that's gonna show me around. She works here as one of the designer. Since she's decided to accept Yeji's offer of working here, she's shown her talents and skills when it comes to fashion.

Even the Hwangs were impressed to see how fast she was able to pick up the things she needed to learn. This is her world and it's very natural for her.

"Jisu, do you think I can do this?" I ask her.

"I think it's more do you want to do this more than if you can do this" she answers but it confuses me.

"What do you mean?"

Were at the company cafeteria, having a snack first before taking the tour of the place. I wanted to relax a little bit since I did just come from work.

"Anyone can do things as long as they're willing to learn. It won't be easy but are you up for the challenge? Because if you're not then don't do this. If this is not something you wanna do then everyday will be hell for you but if this is something you genuinely want to try and you will do your best then it can be fun" she explains while taking a sip of her drink.

"I do want to try" I say.

"Then I think you will be fine. You also have Yeji and her dad to help you."

"There is one thing I'm worried about" I puff my cheeks.

"What?"

"What if people don't respect me because of how I got this job?" I ask.

"Earn their respect. Show them that you can do this and that you are capable. Remember this, be kind to yourself but don't be nice to yourself" she becomes philosophical.

"Again, what?"

"Meaning, don't be too hard on yourself but don't use that as a reason to slack off either or to continue making the same mistakes. For example, taking a break throughout the day for your well being or just a mental break is being kind to yourself. However, taking breaks for the sake of just taking breaks or taking too many breaks because you don't want to do the work is being too nice. You're not gonna get anything done."