35

I wake up in an unfamiliar place. I fell asleep at Yeji's house. I look down and see that we're still in the same position we were in last night.

I can't help but smile. I just spent the night with Yeji in my arms. How cool is that?

"Good morning" she says with her sleepy voice while she tries to get closer to me.

"Good morning indeed" I say.

"I slept great last night" she says.

"So did I."

Our morning is interrupted with knocking on the door, "Miss Yeji, breakfast is ready."

"Have breakfast with me?" Yeji cutely ask.

"I guess" I pretend like I don't want to.

"Please" she whines.

"Where else would I go? I have no work" I chuckle.

"Good" she hums.

"Are we not gonna go?" I ask when she doesn't get off me.

"Five more minutes."

The five minutes turns into fifteen but I'm not complaining.

We head downstairs to her kitchen.

"Mom, I didn't think you would still be here" Yeji stops walking the moment she saw her mom and dad, waiting at the table.

"We didn't know you had a guest. Was it an exciting morning?" Mr. Hwang winks.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Hwang" I greet them.

"I bet you had a good morning" He chuckles and I blush.

"Have a seat. Join us for breakfast" he offers.

"Grab another plate for our guest" Mrs. Hwang orders one of the maid.

I nudge Yeji since she's still not moving. I pull out the chair for her before I sit down next to her.

"So, care to explain what this is?" Mrs. Hwang ask.

"I fell asleep while hanging out with Yeji last night" I say.

"That's it? Nothing else? Relationship?" She seems curious.

"We're just friends" I smile.

"Friends. Alright" Mr. Hwang slowly nods his head while taking a bite of his food.

I do find it a relief that her parents would be okay if Yeji dates me. At least I think that's what they're thinking. That something is going on between Yeji and I.

"Dad" Yeji says in a stern voice.

"What? I'm just eating my breakfast" he acts innocent.

"Are you seeing anyone, Ryujin?" Mrs. Hwang ask.

"Not at the moment. I am interested in someone though" I look at Yeji.

"I see" she seems to get the hint.

"What happened to your hand though?" She ask with a worried expression.

"Did Yeji not share with you?" I ask and they shake their heads.

I tell them what happened and Yeji's involvement to help me because I was being blamed for what happened.

"Have you thought about taking over for your dad?" Mr. Hwang ask.

"Not really. Even if I did, he would never let that happen. He'd rather lose his share than pass it down to me."

"He's really acting like that because you like women?" Mrs. Hwang seems to not believe that a parent can do that.