25

It's been a week since my talk with Chaeryeong and Yuna. I'm supposed to go out with Minju today but I started feeling sick yesterday. I even had to leave work early I was feeling that bad.

Minju understood and we just rescheduled our plans.

I'm home alone because Jisu has work, Chaeryeong has a project to work on and Yuna is at the company for her modeling training.

Since no one is home, I decide to lounge in the living room. I don't know why but when I'm sick I don't like staying in my room because I feel more depressed.

I grab the remote and turn on the TV while getting myself comfortable on the couch with a blanket wrapped around me. I finally find the most comfortable spot but the doorbell rings. I sigh while slowly getting up to see who it is.

"Minju?" I say surprise.

"I brought you food since you're sick. I figured we can still hang out. I'm sorry for just showing up" she shows me the bag with food.

"It's okay but I don't want you to get sick because of me" I say.

"You mentioned that you would be alone and no one should be by themselves when they're sick."

I did give her my address a few days ago because we were gonna meet up here today anyways before we go out.

But her showing up even though I'm sick is really sweet. It does make my heart flutter. No one has ever gone out of their way for me before with exception of Chaeryeong and Yuna.

"So can I come in?" She ask.

"Oh I'm sorry I got lost jn my thoughts but yes come on in" I make way for her.

"Continue what you were doing. I'll just prepare this for you" She places the bag of food on the table.

"Feel free to look around in the kitchen for what you need. Thank you again for coming" I say before heading back to the couch so I can be one with it.

I don't pay attention to what she's doing in the kitchen.

"Here you go" she hands me a bowl of soup.

"Thank you" I grab it and start eating. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I caught the smell of the food.

"You're welcome" she sits on the armchair that's perpendicular to the couch.

"I'm sorry I ruined our plans by getting sick" I say.

"Don't be ridiculous, Ryujin. Your health is more important" she says and my heart flutters again. I really appreciate her caring for me.

The doorbell rings again and I have no idea who else could it be. My three roommates wouldn't ring the doorbell.

"I'll get it" Minju gets up while smiling at me.

I continue to eat my soup while she gets the door.

"Can I help you?" I hear Minju say.

"Uhh who are you?" I hear Yeji's voice.

I look up and there she is, standing at my door.

"I'm Minju. Ryujin's friend and you?"

"Yeji. Ryujin's.. I mean my best friend lives here and I heard she was sick from her sister so I stopped by to drop off some medicine" Yeji says.

"Oh" they stare at each other. I'm not even near them and I feel awkward.

"Are you not gonna let me in?" Yeji ask.

"Yea, sure" Minju says.

Yeji walks to where I am right away. She places the back of her hand on my forehead, "You don't have a fever so that's good. I brought you different kinds of medicines because I didn't know what kind of sickness you have."