SkekTek X Reader

WARNING: OOC, Reader Insert, Gender Neutral Reader, Skeksis!Reader, Pre-Resistance, FluffTHEME: Thra Born SkeksisFANDOM: The Dark Crystal Series

THEME: Thra Born Skeksis
FANDOM: The Dark Crystal Series

[1]The day started as any other with Skeksil always trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes and to whoever cared to listen, seeing the Skeksis left a bad taste in SkekTek's mouth.

The scientist grumbled to himself, flipping over pages of recorded notes about the crystal. Everyday the Skeksis experimented with the purple gem, only ever stopping to have some down time for the minor projects. He considered it a break but others would call it 'Overtime'.

SkekTek looked up from his findings upon hearing his beloved Sidetic, it was crying out as it's cage rattled from the creatures flapping and jumping. The scientist approached the Sidetic, speaking to the bird in a soothing voice, attempting to calm it down.

"Shh, shh, shh. It's okay, there is nothing to be afraid of. Shh." SkekTek slid one of his fingers through the bars, smoothing down the puffed up feathers. "It's okay, my friend. Shh." The petting seemingly having a positive effect, "See? Nothing's wrong or are you just trying to get a treat from me?" The Skeksis couldn't help but let out a small laugh, the scientist swears he just let's this little creature get away with so much. It's even plump from all the times the Skeksis over fed it with undeserved food. Like how yesterday, SkekTek just gave the Sidetic a few treats because it moved it's foot in the most adorable way!

The scientist pulled away once the bird had calm but it's cries soon started up, the Sidetic seemed to be looking at something. SkekTek cocked his head, his golden eyes following its gaze until resting upon the incubator. Something about it must've riled the Sidetic up but why now? Taking a closer look, nothing appeared out of the ordinary. Just the heating lamp and an over sized egg. An old project SkekTek had given up on, it had to been at least five or seven trine now since the scientist last interacted with it.

"What? Is this bothering you friend?" The Skeksis gestured to the thing and the bird seeming have responded with a few more cries. "Don't worry to much. I'll remove the old thing after I'm done with my work. Okay?" He reassured the bird, that's not what it's concerned about!

It's what is inside the Sidetic was trying to get at! If only it the creature could speak in a language it's master would understand.

"What in Thra!?" SkekTek flinched back when he saw the top of the egg pop up, as if a mini explosion made the egg shell crack open. The Skeksis retrieved a pair of laboratory forceps, unclasping the lid, it had been lifted. SkekTek took caution when lowering his arm into the tank. Acting as if it were a carnivorous animal that could take a bite. The Sidetic pulled it's head close to their body, watching intently. The Skeksis flinch back once more, cracks spreading among the grey spotted egg. The scientist didn't know what possibly could be inside, he had a vague idea it possibly was but the chances were slim to none.

If SkekTek recalled correctly, the ones that came before were monsters and misshapen creatures who had been tossed to the flaming pit below.

Removing the destroyed outer case until a hole took it's place, revealing the contents within. Both SkekTek and his companion leaned forward slightly, just enough to get a closer look.

"Ah!" The scientist shouted in surprise, jumping back when a foot jotted out. The little toes curling and uncurling, it resembles that of a bird's.

Adorable! But it was probably attached to something monstrous...

There was sudden movement from the creature, frantic kicks and wiggles caused the egg to move. The shell wall soon cave, revealing the animal from within. Golden eyes widen from surprise as the Skeksis approached, gloved red hands holding onto the incubator edge as he lean forward. Thinking his eyes were playing tricks, SkekTek reached out, a finger touching under the newborn's beak. It cried from the sudden touch, SkekTek lifted it's head and took in the sight.

Eyes still shut, flesh wrinkled on parts of it's body and discolored, possibly hinting at the colors of feathers or even hair. It of course had four arms, two of them were kinda off, the second set seemed larger then average Skeksis'. It's feet were all wrong too... To much of a bird... A small hand grasped one of the scientist's fingers, it looked so small, like a Gielfling's. The small make shift Skeksis attempted to lift it's own head, having some difficulties when it bobbed a few times.

"I wondered what I used to make you?" SkekTek awkwardly lifted the newborn, not really knowing what to do. His gloved hands lifted the chick up by it's pits, high pitch babbling came the false Skeksis. Peering down at the container that once held the chick, making sure there wasn't anything left behind... Like a Urru counterpart but there were none. Shifting the newly born Skeksis around until the small creature rested against his clothed hips, with a free hand. SkekTek removed the debris, setting the pieces to the side for further study.

Maybe the scientist needs to get back into this 'old' project.

Like; 'Why did it take so long to hatch this time compared to the others?'

'What was so different?'

"Ah!" SkekTek called out in surprise, the male held the newborn out. This little bugger tried to pick at his chest, "I'm not food! Stop that." A squeak slipped passed the small creature's beak as the scientist flopped the chick back into the cage-like incubator. The false skeksis' head bobbed around, trying to listen and failing.

SkekTek continued to watch it for a few more, noting thing for later.

[1]-Indents don't show.