Chapter 12

Hey guys!

Here's a long chapter! This is actually a "filler" with all information being out in the open. The last part in this chapter is though action packed and I think you'll like it as much as I loved writing it!

I am so so thankful for all the love you have shown for this book! I was amazed seeing my cover at the spiritual section, like my book, a amateur writers book, Allhamdullillah. This is the first time I have reached there and In Sha Allah if I manage to write better, and with your help I might reach further. Thanks again for everything my lovelies!

Love
Shona

P.S. This is a work of fiction, so all the theories and information is not true. I am not taking any side, I am just writing my tangled mind out as the story progresses. I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, I would never want to offend anyone.

-----------

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.

Barack Obama

-----------

So we're still in the car and the rain just started to pour down right after my question was thrown out in the open. "She and her husband are hostages." Shawn says distracted, even though there's no emotion noticeable on him I can sense his grip on the steering tighten as his knuckles turns pale.

Okey, I wasn't expecting that. To be honest, I was holding my breath as I thought maybe Adams parents aka Shawns sister and brother-in-law had passed away. However, his answer made me even more mortified. Expect that the rain is pouring down as if being offended by my question. "I am so sorry Shawn. I didn't know, gosh now it makes sense. That's the reason for you to join the extremist group? As they have your sister?" I whisper not knowing how to act around the subject.

Shawn offers me a sympathetic glance, wait what? Shouldn't I be the one showing sympathy? I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "You're so naive, just like the rest of the world." He exclaim making me raise my eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" My reply comes out a bit snappy as I feel offended, to be honest I am too confused right now.

He gives away a smirk facing the road, as if the situation isn't absurd enough. "You really think that the extremist groups are the problem here?" I open my mouth but he stops me before a word can leave from it.

"Ok, yes they are a big problem but guess who's giving them fuel?" he asks me with his blue intense eyes mocking which leaves me puzzled. "You're not seeing the bigger picture in here, which country is the Big Brother in the world right now?" He divert his gaze to me from the road for a second.

"No guess? Ok, which country is the most influencing country right now? You can see all of their news, which they choose to show, all around the world." His voice laces fury and dissatisfaction.

"USA." I blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Bingo." He shakes his head with a humorless smile. "You asked me how I can be so heartless and play with the image, as well the life, of 2.2 billion peoples around the world. I asked myself the same question when I came to know about my next mission. It sent a shiver down my spine realizing what we actually were up to. However as the remarkable trained soldier I was, they wouldn't let me get off the hook so easily. The U.S. army with the help of the higher authority made sure to arrange that the abduction of my sister and her husband went smoothly, with no clues left behind." Shawns words lingers on me which forces goose bumps on my body to form.