Chapter 4

Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors.

Khaled Hosseini

--------

Something is poking my cheek. My whole body is numb and I feel a bright light burn through my eyelids. My head feels heavy and I growl in pain. What is happening?

"Mom!" I call out for help.

Whenever I have a headache or if I am sick my moms takes care of me. She makes the best cup of tea in the world.

"Mom!" I yell now with my eyes still closed.

"Wake up Sana, wake up." I hear a familiar but at the same time unfamiliar trembling voice whisper to me.

I toss and turn to indicate that I am not in the mood to speak. "I am awake." I mumble under my breath.

I feel a poke on my cheek again which makes me grimace. I just want to sleep, is it too much to ask for?

I hear an amused giggle which I can't really place. I make an attempt to open my eyes but they automatically closes. I breath heavily. I have my right arm under my right cheek and my body is turned to the right. I yawn and hear another giggle.

By struggling to open my eyes and blinking several times I can make out a small fragile figure beside me.

That's when it hits me and my mind shows me several pictures as a flashback. Cold eyes, terrorist, gun, murder, police, hostage, car, rain, villa, mobile, fall, child, Adam, no network, water, drug, smirk, arms and faint.

My eyes opens widely and in a second I am sitting straight up in a bed panting for air. I look around to see a terrified Adam to my right and behind him is a wide open door. It gives sight to a bright white corridor with more doors indicating there are more rooms than the one we are in.

I try to calm myself down and stable my breathing. My body is sweaty and warm. The cold air around me hits me all too fast which sends me a shiver through my body.

I grip a hold on myself and shift my attention at the cute boy. "Good morning Adam." I smile towards him and his blue eyes twinkles.

He giggles. "It is not good morning anymore. It is lunch time. Uncle told me to call you." He smiles showing his milky white teeth and I nod.

I tuck my hair behind my ears. "I'll be with you in a second." I say and Adam skips away.

I hear him run down the stairs and I hold my breath as I fear him falling down any moment. Not hearing any sound of falling or crying I sigh in relief. The first thing I do is push away the cover to see what I am wearing. If that piece of dirt have even dared to touch me, I will, I will, I will kill him!

I look at myself and find myself fully clothed with my own clothes. Yes, it is important to point out that it is my clothes that I am still wearing. I have a pair of black leggings on with a matching long tank top and over that a dark blue blouse. I sigh in relief and put my head in my hands. My thoughts starts to spin around making me dizzy.

Why is he keeping me in here? He should either just kill me or let me go. Why keep me hanging? I don't even understand his actions. He is bad enough to kidnap and drug me but at the same time he is good enough to let me sleep in a warm bed.

The only thing I know about him is that he is a terrorist. And that is actually more than enough for me to know. It sickens me that I need to spend my time with a cold blooded murderer and that to in his house. Just the fact that I need to breathe the same air as him makes me feel disgusted by myself. I just wish I knew what's going to happen next.