Chapter 19

Hello guys!

So I have joined work from this week and here's a chapter for only you guys. Pray for me! I am so tired all the time :(

I hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think? Please pretty please :)

I haven't proof read so please if anything is wrong then sorry <3

I won't be updating before next week again as working everyday takes a toll on my brain. Hopefully I'll be able to produce more frequent updates when my "real" summer vacation starts which means in two weeks <3

Love
Shona

-------

Unfortunately, it is human nature for us to only learn and grow from a place of emptiness. It's hard to learn when we are winning and on top of the world.

Yehuda Berg

-------

Shawn slowly turns around with me close beside him. Hearing Ahmeds voice behind us took us both by surprise, I could sense Shawns body stiffen as his grip on me tightened. What bother me more than that Ahmed actually is standing there in front of us is that he is holding a gun pointed at Shawn. I don't know how many guns I have encountered the few days I have spent with Shawn. Shawn seem to be in a dilemma as he has Ahmed and Yousef at both of our sides, he seem to contemplate on which side to push me to. I don't know if to feel grateful for his concern or ashamed for making it hard for him.

"Yousef are you alright?" Ahmed questions his brother concerned as if he is the victim in here, oh well I at least did my best at knocking him out.

Yousef stands on his feet now collecting himself. "Never been better." Yousef says while throwing daggers at me with his bloodshot eyes.

I have this urge to either smirk or stick my tongue out to him just to annoy him but I know that will only result in more trouble.

Letting my eyes wander between the brothers, realization hits me. The brothers have actually cornered us from opposite sides, this time I do get scared and clutch on to Shawn due to panic. I can feel Shawns pulse throb in sync with mine and I shift my gaze to him to get a glimpse of his frown, a vein in his forehead is visible hinting that he is thinking hard. Ya Allah save us, my heart is drumming violently and I can feel the nausea on the way. I am literally cold sweating, my palms are so sticky on Shawns arms that I just hope he doesn't notice.

"Save yourself now." Yousef smirks meeting my gaze and I grimace disgusted.

My eyes narrows at him. "Shut your smart mouth." I hear Shawn warn him through gritted teeth.

Yousefs eyebrows shoots up. "Or else?" Yousef mocks with a amused expression as if he is actually enjoying this. "How will you save your princess now?" He continues and Shawn glares at him, if only looks could kill. "I can't believe that you jeopardized your life for this creature." Yousef nods towards me and shakes his head disapprovingly.

Shawns next words makes warmth spread through my heart. "I don't mind jeopardizing my life over and over again for a fellow human being with a sincere heart." Shawn claims with his nose flaring making me proud of him.

Ahmed sneers. "My, my, is this really Shawn who is speaking? Sounds more like Romeo." Yousef chuckles at his older brothers lame joke and I glare at them disgusted. "I thought you hated everything and everyone? Where's the strong, obedient, strict and disciplined Shawn?" Ahmed mocks and I feel Shawns temper rise for every second, I squeeze his arm a bit to signal him to relax.

Ahmed lets the tip of the gun rest on his temple and shakes his head. "Whatever, let just finish them and get going." Yousef says nonchalantly and Ahmed nods smugly.