Chapter 24

Hi guys!!

So the next chapter is here now! I won't be able to update until after Eid so Eid Mubarak to all of you who are celebrating <3 And happy holidays or have a nice time to everyone else who don't celebrate <3

This chapter is one of my favorite for some odd reason even though it feels like a filler, but I don't know let us see what you guys think :)

Thank you guys for all the love and support, as always it means the world to me.

Love
Shona <3

------

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

- Uknown

--------

Looking down on my sweaty palms I try to compose myself. If I go nervous in front of Shawn or act odd, he'll notice my uneasiness. Right now, I need to keep myself focused and believe that everything is alright. No matter how hard it is for me to keep the bad thoughts away, I will have to do so.

Shawns sister Mia and her husband are held hostages by the U.S. government. The deal was that if Shawn completes the mission then they'll be released. They got kidnapped almost two years ago and now when the mission is done the headquarter is avoiding the topic. Shawn has tried to contact them but he always get incomplete answers and is told that they'll contact him soon, which I have my doubts about.

I told Javed, Zaki, Ibrahim and Saeed to help Shawn get some information about them as soon as they arrived. My siblings and Adam are playing with each other upstairs while my parents are at work.

The boys seemed a bit surprised about the new revelation as Shawn has been very much private about his personal life. They surely agreed to help but Zaki frankly told us that it wasn't his cup of tea to hack into the governments confidential system as it is pretty much tightly secured. So instead of wasting time in hacking into the system the boys are making calls to people they know in the department to extract information. However, it was a bit harder than they had thought as Mias case was really off the records as if she didn't even exist.

Javed is pacing back and forth across the living room with his mobile glued to his ear. Zaki is located on the couch with crossed legs and his computer on his thighs. While Saeed and Ibrahim are trying to gain answers through the headquarter with Shawn.

"Okay so I have found a loophole." Zaki finally brings some good news looking up from his laptop and we all stop doing what we were doing, well I was just observing them in the first place. "My friend Nicolas is one who works closely with the odd cases and he has said that he has access to the classified materials." All of us listen attentively while letting Zaki inform us. "He will run a search right now as we speak but it will take awhile before he can gather some valuable information." This is actually illegal but I don't care right now.

"How long is awhile?" I inquire impatiently.

Zaki seem unsure. "Everything from a few minutes up to an hour." He estimates hesitantly and I nod.

"That's reasonable." I sigh, please Allah make this go by fast.

The clock ticks by slowly and I count every second, my heart is beating painfully fast due to the anticipation. If I am feeling this way then how must Shawn be feeling? My eyes automatically finds him and he seem lost in thoughts starring at the ceiling leaning back on the couch. At first he was confused of why I was doing all of this. The only answer I had was that he deserves to know about his sister and that I owe him this much, not that I am doing anything as it is the boys who are working hard.