Chapter 23

Salammalaykum or Hi to all of my readers!

Thank you so much for everything! <3 You guys have been so adorable that I am overwhelmed so tried to quickly give another chapter! So here it is ;) (Not proof read though!)

Hope you enjoy <3

Love
Shona <3

-------

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.

Steve Jobs

-----

My head feels so light and the bed beneath me so soft, I take hold of my head with my hands to slowly open my burning eyes. The sharp bright light gives my eyes a hard time to adjust. Where am I? I slowly heave myself up and see myself in a beautiful faded pink dress. The dress is only reaching my knees and my bare legs is glowing radiantly in a soft bronze color.

What catches my attention is the shiny polished green grass I am resting on. Encircling me is all kind of beautiful flowers and a smile breaks through my lips while my nostrils fills with a heavenly perfume. I make myself stand up and the weather is perfect, I look at my flawless wavy hair looking more nutritious than ever. Twirling around I chuckle radiantly feeling euphoria and liberated, this is how summers should be like.

My eyes suddenly halts on this girl who seem to have appeared out of the blue. She is standing in front of a full length mirror in a beautiful white wedding gown quite a distance away from me. "Perfect." I mumble while I step towards her with curiosity taking over, I haven't seen her face yet.

Suddenly sharp heartbreaking sounds of crying and wailing echoes in the garden and I get paralyzed, seed of fear carves a path to my heart. Who are crying? Why are they crying? Ignoring the sudden disturbing cries I focus my eyes solely on the girl and walk to her with timid steps not knowing what to expect, my heart is drumming violently. The sounds of crying get louder and I can hear my name being called, with a frown I continue to focus on the girl in her breathtaking wedding gown.

One more step and I stand right behind her with my eyes wide open, my hand reaches my mouth from where a small gasp leaves. My eyes darts between me, and well me. However, me in the mesmerizing wedding gown with a pitch perfect diamond tiara seem happy with twinkling eyes and a shy smile playing on her or my lips. I can't help to block out the frustrating swirling sounds around me and lighthearted smile in admiration.

Suddenly a piercing sound is heard and the smile on the bride fades, instead horror is inflicted in her expression while her white gown is now stained with crimson liquid. Staring at her with panic the crying and wailing sound dominates my senses, I shut my eyes tightly while covering my ears with my palms. Feeling numb I fall back on the soft green grass and let darkness engulfs me.

I can feel something poking my cheek. A bright light is burning through my eyelids and my body feels awfully heavy. A pain shoots up through my chest and I growl in pain. What is going on? Fighting my heavy eyelids I finally manage to slowly open my eyes and the first thing my mind register is Adam. Smiling warmly at the small child with huge curious blue eyes, he's a carbon copy of his uncle, I try to form words with my dry lips. "Hi baby." I manage to squeeze out with a hoarse voice.

"Sana is awake!" Adam beams and I wince, no offence but my head is right now hurting very badly.

He runs out of the room and I notice that I am in a dull hospital room. What's going on? What was that weird dream about? My memory seem slower than ever giving me hints of what had occurred, I remember home, Shawn, Grand hotel, oh-o right, Yousef.