4

Steve laid on his couch for almost two hours yesterday with the image of Chrissy and Eddie playing in the back of his head like a broken record. On, and on, and on again. He felt messy, frustrated and shocked at the same time, like he had seen something he really wasn't supposed to, or something absolutely heartbreaking.

Either it was because of the fact that Chrissy was with Eddie. Or Eddie was with Chrissy. Or that they even looked at each other, for that matter of fact. And that they talked, and laughed, and then laughed in the god damn rain and then-

He fell asleep on the couch, and woke up more than half an hour later than he was supposed to. The first thing he did was run up to his bedroom and jump out off yesterdays clothes, spray deodorant all over his body and change into a pair of jeans and a sweater his mother gave him for Christmas last year.

Robin were, of course, looking at him like she was the devil himself when he walked into chemistry class twenty minutes later.

"Mr. Harrington, so nice of you to join us." Mr. Wilson (almost bald man wearing colorful shirts and unmatched ties all the time, grumpy, but funny) looked at him with his grandpa - ish eyes as Steve closed the door to the classroom. "Ten minutes late, not trying to fail this year again, are we?" He continued. A small amount of laughter could be heard in the room, making Steve clench his teeth and swallow hard. Thankfully he didn't have a gum in his mouth this time.

"No, sir." He mumbled under his breath. He was trying his best not to sound too much while catching his breath. But from what it looked like, it was quite obvious that he had ran all the way from the parking lot. His hair was a little greasy from sweat and he was panting heavily.

"Good. Now, sit down next to Munson and turn up page 265." Mr. Wilson grumped, turned around towards the chalkboard again and Steve nodded, almost afraid that his teacher would see if he didn't give him a proper response and then punish him even harder.

But then it hit him. Eddie was in this class.

Steve's stress had completely erased the memory of Eddie being in his chemistry class, even though he had specially looked forward for this specific lesson since Wednesdays shift at Family Video. It would be his first class with him after their very first conversation, and he had thought about it so many times that forgetting about it now made him feel stupid.

Steve looked around in the classroom, and eventually he was locking eye contact with a pair of puppy brown eyes that just waited for him to sit down.

He hurried to the seat next to Eddie, sat down in the rock hard chair and folded his hands together in front of him. He could finally breath out, and take in the twenty minutes he had been awake to progress everything that he had done so far. Most of it included running, and feeling dirty.

"Damn, Harrington. You smell like an entire bottle of Right Guard." Eddie leaned in next to him as he spoke, scoffing at the end as he kept his eyes on Steve.

"I overslept." Steve mumbled back, looked at Eddie and rolled his eyes before he opened his backpack and pulled out his chemistry book.

"Yeah, no shit. I don't think I have ever seen Steve Harrington with a bad hair day." Eddie looked over at the chalkboard and played with a yellow pencil. "It doesn't really fit your image, you know?" He continued. Steve didn't know what to say, so he just kept quiet as he ran through the chemistry book searching for the page Mr. Wilson had asked him to turn to.

"Out of all people in this entire room, I think you should be the one to know that not all images.." He looked at Eddie, almost surprised to see that he was already looking back at him. His eyes so brown that Steve could almost see his own reflection in them. "Or rumors, really fit in."