7

While Steve was standing in front of his mirror closing the last buttons of his grey shirt - getting ready to have dinner with the Wheelers - Eddie Munson had just woken up from his heavy dreaming and groaned out of sleepiness.

His eyes was a little itchy, his head was heavy from lack of sleep and it took him a few minutes to sit up from the mattress on the floor and recall what he had been doing the day before. He had lunch with his uncle (him sitting at the dinner table and his uncle laying on the sofa watching the tv and barely touching the food Eddie had cooked for him), played dungeons and dragons with the hellfire club at The Hair Harrington's house and later on had apparently accepted the one - year - older boy to give him a ride home.

He crawled out of the bed with unstable feet and almost fell over the dungeons and dragons box he had brought to the campaign yesterday. He had been way too tired to put it back in the shelf where it belonged, even though it had just taken him a few extra steps, and had decided to just place it in the middle of the room - almost like he wanted himself to trip on it when he would wake up the next morning.

He looked around, grabbed a random pair of jeans laying on the floor and a black sweater hanging on the wardrobe handle. It was a little too big for him, but exactly what he would love to wear on a day like this. He felt hangover even though he hadn't drank a drop of alcohol in at least two days, and his migraine was pumping inside him. He knew already from the moment he opened his eyes that he would spend his entire day laying on the sofa, watching movie after movie and eventually be accompanied by his uncle who would complain about whatever Eddie was watching - but later say something like "we got to watch that movie again!" or "That ending was so unexpected" in all excitement.

He crawled down on the couch, grabbed the remote and listened to his uncles snoring from the second bedroom, and then put on the tv and sighed loudly. The local news were on, and absolutely nothing interesting was on. He didn't feel like putting on a movie yet, and he suddenly felt like the sound of the news lady talking in the background calmed him down.

He laid down, both his hand placed underneath his head and his legs slightly bent. He thought about what he was gonna eat for lunch, and then out of the blue he started to think about Steve again.

Steve Harrington.

Of all people, Eddie would suddenly cross path with him. Of all other people in the entire school, he would suddenly cross path with none other than Steve The Hair Harrington. He couldn't believe it.

And what he mostly couldn't believe was that Steve didn't mind. He was a douchebag from what Eddie had heard, a fuckboy amongst the girls and a proper fight starter amongst the boys. The kind of dude that you would expect to be homophobic and judge everyone that talks to him, unless it's people he had already gotten to know from earlier.

Eddie didn't pay any attention to the tv at all and instead decided to just lay there and think about whatever he wanted to. If he was gonna plan another campaign with the hellfire club before he graduated, and then he thought a little more about Steve and a little about Chrissy and her relationship with Jason.

On the other hand, while Eddie was laying on the couch having his little moment of thinking, Steve had just pulled up on the Wheeler's driveway and stepped out of his old car. He tried to dress as causal as he could, since he knew it wasn't a fancy dinner he was attending, but he also knew that the entire Wheeler family wore beautiful clothes on a daily basis. Except from Mike, who almost only accepted thrifted clothes and had lost all sense of fashion since he started high school.

"Oh, come on in, darling!" Mrs. Wheeler greeted Steve with a tight hug as he stepped over the doorframe and hugged her back with a huge smile. The sent of female perfume entered his nose and reminded him of his own mother. "Look how handsome he is today, Nancy!"

Steve looked towards the staircase and saw Nancy standing there with a white skirt and a pink blouse, looking more girly than usual. And very much pretty as well. He looked her up and down a couple of times until their eyes met and both of them gave each other a soft and friendly smile.

"Yes, very. What's up with the shirt, Steve?" Nancy laughed lightly as she walked down the last steps of the stair and continued towards Steve. Karen gave them both one last glance before she walked back to the kitchen and started talking to Ted and Holly again.

"Fancy dinner, you know." Steve said sarcastically. Nancy placed her hands around his neck and started playing with the collar of his light grey shirt. He hadn't had time to check himself out in the mirror today, and it wouldn't surprise him if one of the collars was bent or messed up.

"You know it's not like that." Nancy whispered and shook her head.

"Hush now. You know your mother makes every dinner a fancy dinner."

"So are we gonna go eat it or just stand in the hall and talk about it?" Mike had walked down the stairs without any of them noticing, and pushed himself between them to walk to the kitchen. He seemed annoyed, no, he seemed tired, and Steve understood that it was because of the campaign. Karen must have kept him up until 3 A.M at least, shouting and complaining about what of an reckless child he was to come home so late at night. She had, after all, expanded the time that he'd be home from ten to twelve, and still he arrived two hours later.

"What did you think about the campaign yesterday, Steve?" Karen had started serving the food when he and Nancy sat down at the dinner table. He cleared his throat, thought a little and glanced over at Mike that paid no attention to the subject at all. He was just looking down on his plate and licking sauce from his fork.

"I didn't see too much, cause I dozed off just an hour in or so... But it seemed.. fun?" He said, a little uncomfortable talking about it. He had absolutely no idea what the game was about at all and talking about it made him think of Eddie and their ride home together.

"And Eddie?"

Steve accidentally dropped his fork on the table as he looked up at Karen with surprised eyes. "Hm?"

"What do you think of the Munson boy?" Karen looked at Steve with a little worried and confused look. "Mike says that he's very kind, but what I've heard from others-"

"Steve don't know Eddie, mom." Mike sighed and shoved a saucy potato in his mouth. Steve looked at him and swallowed hard, his stomach filled with different sized knots of regret and anxiety. He couldn't escape from Eddie anywhere. Anywhere.

"Yeah.. I don't know him very well, but he seems very kind and funny to hang out with." Steve said and looked at Karen while talking. He then sighed, looked down on his food and started eating - thinking about Eddie and his stupid, freaky, personality.

He thought about the way they had looked at each other in his car the night before, the way his hand fit perfectly around his small wrist, and the way he had wanted to kiss him out of nowhere. He also thought about he way he had thrown himself in bed as fast as he had come home, and instead of dozed off, he had laid there thinking and crying for what seemed like forever. He hadn't sobbed, he hadn't had a panic attack. He had a very deep and long thought about himself, and the person he was, and then it had suddenly started to fall drops of tears from his eyes down his cheeks. He was still trying to figure out if it was because of sleepiness or not, however.

It didn't help him very much, but he didn't think about it too much today and he felt very pleased with that.

"I see." Karen said, nodding. Steve could sense Nancy watching him from beside him, but he just ignored it and kept his eyes on the table. He couldn't accept it, but he knew deep down that he had started to grow a feeling filled of lust for another boy.