Chapter 1

It had now been about two years since the corrupted case of the missing toons and their longing debt to Sweet Pete.

Along with the dirty cops and organized crime lords that were also put behind bars for the kidnappings of the toons and assisting Sweet Pete in changing their looks to help them make a profit for their bad, copyrighted movie ripoffs.

But with the town praising for the return of the mutated toons, who can easily be fixed with animated machines, Chips and Dale can now start a fresh new life as Private Investigators in a small owned business called The Rescue Rangers Agency.

Which was named right after their famous TV show with Monty, Gadget and Zipper, who were respectively playing as their ultimate sidekicks to help stop crime.

Except this time, the differences were that their friends can only be of some help when they are available to.

Seeing how Gadget and Zipper are spending time with their large family at home while Monty tries to keep himself from being addicted to cheese in a rehabilitation facility.

Along with the fact that Chip and Dale are actually legally licensed to help these citizens of the city whenever they need to.

With of course, supervising guidance from their other friend Ellie Steckler, who was officiated as captain in her Police Department after her own boss was turned in for some of the heinous crimes when he was working with Sweet Pete and his gang.

It wasn't long before the social media went all viral over Chip and Dale's new detective lifestyle in this time and age of New York.

Which gave them a huge opportunity to boost up their business with a lots of new cases to look forward to.

From blackmails to stolen cars or jewelry to even more missing reports.

All of which so far, had ended up becoming a success in their investigations.

However, it wasn't until one day, when one particular case was really sticking out of place and have given both of them a great deal of confusion.

The two, who were now at this time, in Dale's car, were now driving through the busy streets of town, decided to discuss about how this type of case had gone so wild, that even the humans in this world would find it hard to believe.

"So you're telling me that it's possible for someone to erase people out of existence?" Dale asked, surprised as he starts turning the car into another corner of the road that leads towards the police department precinct.

"Yes. And if we don't find out who it is soon, more people are just going to disappear." Chip said in a very frustrated tone while looking over at his notes, vigorously.

The only evidence that they were able to collect so far was the similar connections between each victim when they were each taken by the mysterious napper.

Most of which, happened to be political people that represented the city in a form.

Such as one of the main senators of the state.

A Supreme Court judge that can oversee governmental and federal cases.

A campaign manager for elections of the promising future mayors.

And so forth.

If this continues to be a problem, the town will eventually end up having a chaotic and loose economy.

With massive crimes spilling out, everywhere.

And no people to run it or contain it's damage for the poverty that will rise in its place.

After several weeks of searching, neither of them were still able to piece together what was happening.

The anxiety of it all was becoming much more harder for Chip to focus like a ticking time bomb that's about to explode at any minute as Dale looked over at him in deep concern.

He can see how overwhelming he must be feeling right now from the amount of stress that he is enduring over the whole investigation.

Especially, when they both had to question the victims' loved ones to help get the timings right and where their last location would be right before they vanished into thin air.

The heavy looks on some of the kids' faces during the interviews were too painful for Chip to watch, with their eyes so sad and tearful.

It would break anyone's heart just by looking at all those small faces, despite the two constantly promising them and giving their families hope that they will help bring the victims home.

Dale then slowly placed his hand gently on Chip's shoulder and tried to reassure him that everything will be okay.

"Hey, don't worry. We're going to find them.
I'm sure they're all still alive and out there somewhere. We just need to keep looking for
more clues." Dale said softly, hoping to optimizes the situation.

"I hope so. Because I don't think I can bear to look at that little girl anymore without telling her that her mother is still missing. Or any of the other ones who are begging to know how much we know so far about this case. And we can't just keep lying to them like that, either. Sooner or later, they'll figure out that we know nothing and everyone.... would only look at us like a joke." Chip said sadly while turning his head away to face the window in front of him.

Dale sighed quietly and tried to use another tactic to get him to feel better.

"Well hey look on the bright side, if anytime this goes sideways, we could always go deep undercover like James Bond and hide out in the middle of another country. With our tuxedos flashing bold in a crowd of strangers and our sunglasses looking sharply rad. As guns go blazing on our rented car until the whole thing blows up like a shooting star. And we are pronounced dead in the scene of action. While the real us are out there cruising on a getaway boat in the middle of a sunset horizon. It'll be like nothing ever happened." Dale joked lightly while Chip slowly looked over at him and chucked.

"Heh. That might the first brilliant idea that you've had in a while." Chip responded as the two look at each other during for a quiet moment with their smiles, warm and bright.

He was very much glad to have a friend like him by his side.

And even though their friendship had only grown stronger by the more time that they had spent together.

What neither of them knew is that this bond would only be the beginning of something much more bigger.