Chapter 5

Meanwhile back at Chip's house, at about approximately an hour after the incident has happened, Dale begins to slowly wake up from his nap.

Huh?

How long was I asleep?

Dale thought while yawning and rubbing his eyes loosely with one hand.

"Yawn. Chip? You there? I didn't mean to fall asleep on your couch. I can drive on home now if you want me to. It's not too late." Dale said out loud while getting up off from the couch and reached into his pocket to grab his cell phone.

He clicked it on and saw that he had actually slept through nearly 2 hours, close to Midnight, and started to laugh at the whole irony of it.

"Oh, pfft. Never mind then. Maybe I can ask him to let me stay over tonight." Dale added to himself before realizing that the silence was too quiet without a single hint of sound but his own.

What the....

How come he's not answering me?

Dale thought confused while calling out to him again.

"Chip?" Dale asked as he peaks in through all the possible rooms of the house but saw no presence of him, whatsoever.

"Chip! Chip!" Dale yelled out this time, but no answer was made.

He starts to worry and decides to call him to see where he was at.

"Come on." Dale mumbled nervously right as the Chip's phone gives out a voicemail.

"I'm sorry but the person you've been trying to reaching is not available now. Please leave your message after the beep." The automatic voice bleeped in right before it stays silent for the caller to place a message to the receiving line.

"No! No! No! Chip pick up the phone!" Dale shouted anxiously as he repeatedly dialed his number over and over again.

Oh please don't let anything happen to him.

Dale thought with a level of panic that was so high, he begin to get a sudden gut feeling that something had gone terribly wrong.

After those next attempted calls were not picked up, he finally then decided to call Captain Steckler to see if she had heard anything from him.

But unfortunately, the news didn't seem to be too good on her end either as she answered the phone from the second ring in with a concerned tone in her voice.

"Have you heard the news yet?" Steckler asked softly, hoping to lessen the severity of the whole incident.

"No! Have you seen..." Dale was going to ask before his question was suddenly answered in a way that he didn't expect.

"Dale....It's Chip. We found him at the crime scene where the D.A had been reported missing behind the back alley way near Rockefeller Center. He's been badly hurt. He was transported to the hospital on 37 West Street. They're looking into him at the moment. But I'm in my car right now and I'll get to the hospital as soon as I can. I'll meet you there, near the waiting area. And Dale....it's going to be alright, I promise." Steckler said calmly as Dale simply nodded his head before hanging up the phone.

He stood frozen in place by the overwhelming shock that was going through him.

After a few seconds of realization clicked into his mind, he immediately rushed out of the house, with every adrenaline in his body.

He had to get to him fast.

As he looks around the driveway and notices that the car was taken!

"Ah! Chip!" Dale yelled out in frustration while making a quick call for a taxi to come pick him up and take him to the hospital.