Chapter 18

After the gang finally made their way to the New York Time Square, it was already near too late as Twilight Sparkle, whose magic aura glowed darkly in violet colors, gathers up her hypnotized victims in standard line-up position in front of many, maybe even hundreds of onlookers in the street.

Who all reacted in the mixture of shock and fright by what they were seeing.

To them, this magical creature had now entered their city with an unconscious army in her hands!

As Chip, Dale and the gang flew a little closer to the scene, only to see how worse the situation was getting if they didn't do something fast.

"There, they are. All the victims....right here in the city....but for some reason, seem to be under some kind of spell." Dale spoke in a horrified tone by what he was seeing.

"She puts their minds in a trance to lure them under her command. I saw one of them just like this before... I lost my memories." Chip noted sadly as Dale looked over at him and took his hand gently.

"Don't worry. We're going to help them, we just need a distraction to keep her from taking full control." Dale assured him.

"Hmm....I think I might know a way. Monterey, how good are you with homemade fireworks?" Gadget asked curiously.

"Well it's certainly not all cheese and crackers, but I might manage to make a decent one that will at least bring everyone's attention." Monterey replied bluntly. 

"Perfect! I need a whole pack of those sparklers, stat!" Gadget commanded.

"On it!" Monterey responded with a solder-like hand salute.

"Why fireworks?" Dale asked, confused.

"Let's just say, they seem to have an open eye for entertainment. And happen to cause fires that can be a very great weakness source to magic." Gadget explained with a wink as the team start to gather up a plan to take down the mad sorceress of magic once and for all. 

————————————————————————

Meanwhile, the people below, are terrified and scared by what their loved ones are going through.

Including a small child who was brave enough to face her mother, in great worry that she's not feeling well.

"M..mommy. Why are you standing there like that? Me and daddy miss you. I want you to come home." The kidnapped victim's daughter asked, holding her little teddy bear tightly.

"Quiet child! The queen is talking right now!" The mother replied in a harsh but, an obvious robotic way.

"Hey! What the heck is going on here?! Why are you holding our families hostage?!" The father of the little girl yelled out angrily while shielding his daughter away from the manipulated army.

"Haha. Oh humans, how foolish of you to think that you could stand against me. When one should know how to bow down and respect their new leader." Twilight Sparkle implied darkly as she attempts to manipulate the other remaining people of the city.

Until suddenly sounds were heard from above that stopped her from moving any further.

Crack! Pop!

Crack! Pop!

The explosive-like sounds boomed loudly in the sky.

"Huh?" Twilight Sparkle mumbled in surprise while looking up to see that some of the fireworks are now starting to catch fire!

"Gah!" The pony screeched out while sparks of fire sprinkle down on her wings like acid rain fall!

"She's starting to get weak! Now's our chance!" Chip called out.