Chapter 17

As the two were being constantly shoved along the magic force that's keeping them from escaping from her grasp, Dale decides to ask about her motives out of curiosity.

After all, who wouldn't expect a princess of magic from another world to having any intention of ruling a modern, diverse society.

"So, why are you doing this anyways? Aren't you and your friends supposed to be the guardian keepers of friendship magic?" Dale joked a bit, hoping to make things feel less serious in the situation.

"Ha! You're so funny. No, I was thinking of turning New York City into our land instead. Maybe fix up the trashy place with something a little bit more elegant and monarchy to my liking." Twilight Sparkle spoke in a fine sophistication tone.

"Then why don't you make improvements in your own world? Don't you have enough land to rule there in Equestria?" Dale asked.

"It's not that simple and I don't think any of it should concern you otherwise. You nosy, little rodents!" Twilight Sparkle yelled at him.

"I'm just saying. England would have been a much better place to go for fancy teas and Victorian dresses." Dale joked.

"Enough!" Twilight shouted with her eyes flaming out magic in a threat!

"Okay geez. No need to be so dramatic." Dale said, sarcastically.

Which of course didn't do anything but made Twilight more irritated with him.

Not longer afterwards, they reached to a tower-like cell where Twilight then uses her magic to throw them inside like two bags of flour and quickly locks them inside.

"Now you two stay put while I wrap up this show. Can't have wannabe detectives ruin my plans. And once the remaining councilmen present an opportunity to seek out a new member for the sake of dealing with the mayor's absence, I will persuade them to hand it over to me. And soon, your home will become mine. I will be next ruler of your city. And maybe if I get bored, possibly someday the entire earth world. Not that it matters to any of the small people like you. Ta ta." Twilight said with a simple wave before manically laughing on her way out.

Leaving the two trapped in the cell.

What a jerk.

I hope nobody watches her lame shows and her ratings plummet to a zero.

Dale thought in annoyance before looking over to see Chip, whose expression was more guilt-ridden.

"Sigh. Sorry Dale. I guess, I screwed it up for us once again." Chip mumbled sadly, rubbing his forehead in distress.

"No, you didn't. We would have been caught regardless of how it happens anyways. You know we'll always have a knack for getting ourselves into trouble." Dale reassured him with a small smile.

"That's true. We're not detectives without danger. Heh." Chip said with a half smile.

As Dale then thought about what had happened earlier and decided to use this time to talk about what was really important to the both of them.

"Hey Chip?" Dale asked

"Yeah?" Chip replied, looking over at him.

"Did you... mean it when you said that you were in love with me?" Dale asked as the two looked into each other's eyes.

Their heart rapidly beating against their chests.

"Every word." Chip confessed.

"......how long have you felt this way?" Dale asked him.