Chapter 13

With Chip leading the way, while also talking Dale's ear off on various random topics that make him want to tape his mouth shut, the two were able to find the oasis of the heart.

Which had turned out to be another tree, specifically a cherry blossom tree that had been sitting isolated at the edge of the pony world.

Strangely, just as Chip had correctly described it to be.

From there, the crystal cave was right below, through a hidden passageway underneath the stem of the tree as they proceeded the rest of the way, inside.

With the walk of the cave not as dangerous or dark as they had originally thought.

Seeing how the whole tunnel was lit up with glowing crystals to help guide them until they reached an opening that revealed what they have been looking for.

"There it is." Chip said as the two walked closer and sees the tree.

Which was structured into massive house with tree branches around it like a rib cage.

Almost as if it was a safe place to hide from the rest of the world.

"Woah. I don't believe what I'm seeing here. It's so...." Dale was about to say until he was interrupted quickly.

"Magical?" Chip asked with the biggest goofy smile you see in someone.

"I was going to say beautiful, but if you're really enjoying this, then sure. Magic. Why is it a house though? You said that it was tree." Dale said, rolling his eyes at Chip's comment.

"It's a tree house, now. The original tree was destroyed by the infamous King Sombra who wanted to harvest its magic for his own evil gain during the Great War involving royal sister ponies Luna and Celestia. After the tree's magic has been restored, it was then shaped into a crystal chest for safekeeping. With 6 special keys to unlock its powers. At which Twilight Sparkle and her friends used the power of friendship to unravel its core and form the special place into what would be now a house in a setting place of a tree." Chip explained in a very fascinated tone, with sparkles glistening in his eyes as if he was part of a fan club, who got to see the backstage part of a concert.

"Oh geez. This reminds me of the time when our old classmate Todd would be playing that dumb game of Dungeons and Dragons with his friends in the back of the school's library. Ugh. I hated the game so much that it cringes for me to even think about it." Dale said, annoyed.

"Huh? Dungeons and Dragons? What's that?" Chip asked curiously.

"What?! So all this time, when your little 'memory' recovery was thinking about magical ponies, you seriously never thought about the number one role playing board game on the planet of the earth?! Even nerds like you would've loved that game." Dale emphasized in surprise, but was not too shocked.

Seeing where this answer would lead him to another conclusion.

"Eh. Role playing is for dreamers. I prefer the real live action of magic. Like the earth ponies, alicorns and pegasus." Chip said, excitedly.

"Oh boy. Well now that we're here, what exactly are we doing?" Dale asked, hoping to change the subject now before Chip gets into another crazy cosplay moment.

"Watch." Chip said simply before walking straight up towards the house!

"Woah woah. Wait a minute. Hold up. Are you seriously just going to walk inside the house like you own the place and snoop around in there?!" Dale asked while stepping in front of him to stop him from moving any further.

"Yeah. Why not? We're looking for these people right? And they could be in there if we just find the...." Chip tries to explain before he was cut off.

"No, this is ridiculous. I'm not doing this. If we get in trouble, Steckler would have it for our tails. And I'm not ready to face jail time, yet." Dale objected, shaking his head no.