Chapter 12

After many hours of physically scraping dirt and germs off multiple rooms such as gym lockers, empty classrooms and even the bathrooms.

The two were finally able to reach Celestia's main office without a word of warning from the football coach or the other janitors of the school in their way.

And boy did it take a while for them to get there at that point, too.

"Well that was fun, wasn't it?" Chip asked, sarcastically, knowing how Dale would react while closing the office door behind him.

"I swear Chip. If you ever ask me to scrub another toilet with my bare hands again, I will rip that smile off of your face!" Dale threatened harshly in a grumble as the two begin climbing up their little selves over to the top of her desk.

"Ouch. And I thought for a minute there that you were going to thank me for helping you." Chip said, rhetorically.

"Ha! There is no way that I'm going to appreciate you putting me through all of that junk. I would've rather done much better cramming my body into some vent or pipe hole to avoid being seen by other people than clean any more of these rooms here at this stupid school. It's disgusting and certainly not what I signed up for as a private detective." Dale stated, clearly.

"Well, we're here now. So, that's all that matters, right?" Chip asked, rhetorically again.

"Sure. Let's just get this over with and see what we can dig up." Dale said, shaking his head annoyed as they start looking through the first few file folders in front of them, carefully.

Searching for a potential clue ahead in the case.

————————————————————————

After going over some of the files, Chip was  able to make a little connection with a whimsical theory of his own.

"Well, according to this profile here, it would seem like Twilight Sparkle is a part of her own circle. And I don't think Celestia or a lot of these other ponies here were well aware of what she has been doing all this time." Chip explained while taking quick pictures of key elements that he believed would help support his thesis.

"Okay Mr. Pony guy. Would you care to fill me in on your silly details and elaborate please? How do you know that she was the only one involved?" Dale asked, confused.

"I didn't say she was the only one. But..." Chip was going to explain until suddenly he was interrupted by a woman opening the office door, whose looks seem to be of a much older pony and possibly more likely to be the assistant principal for the school.

"Hey! What are you two doing? You're not even supposed to be here!" The lady shouted out to the both of them as if they were code red intruders!

"Run!" Chip yelled before grabbing Dale's hand and took off like the wind.

The lady at that time, attempted to grab ahold of them but they scurried away so fast that her high heel feet were unable to reach either of them much further and stopped in a halt.

"Pant. Wait! Oh forget it. Kids these days have nothing to do all day but to prank us old ladies." the lady mumbled, shaking her head while walking away, elsewhere.

Leaving Chip and Dale to a far off distance until they suddenly noticed that she wasn't even following them anymore and stopped abruptly near a corner so that they can rest from all that running.

"Phew! I think we lost her." Chip said with a huff of breathless air in exhaust.

"Yeah? Now what? I mean none of this even makes any sense. What does any of it have to do with the missing politicians?" Dale asked, feeling a familiar fatigue while holding onto his knees in a heave.