Meeting my neighbor / Lunch date with Horikita?

'Who was that guy?'

Horikita asked herself as she walked at a fast pace. She couldn't help but recount what just happened.

Her heart was still beating fast.

Her cheeks, still crimson red.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

She recalled how his tie was loose and the top button of his white shirt was undone, showing a small triangle of skin. 

She recalled his dark-brown hair, mussed and wavy like tides in the ocean. 

She recalled his lips whic---

*SLAM!*

She immediately punched the wall beside her without thinking. All of the students around her were momentarily startled by the loud noise.

''Eeeek! A delinquent!'' Seeing the killing intent in Horikita's eyes, a bunch of girls fled the opposite way in terror.

Horikita's knuckles were red from the impact, but the pain wasn't enough to concern her. She took a big breath, pleased that she wasn't thinking about that guy anymore. Or at least, not as much as before.

She makes her way down the slender hallway towards her assigned class.

Right now, she was back to her confident self—high on her own determination, as she walks out of the hallway and into Class D.

Just as she slides the door open and takes the first step . . . she froze up.

In the back of the classroom, near the windows, sat a lone brown-haired boy. Looking bored and staring out the window. Sunlight shone against his skin.

As if he can feel her eyes on him, he chooses that exact moment to look over his shoulder. The room tunnels, and an invisible thread pulls tight between them as his gaze locks with her. She inhales sharply, feeling punched in the gut. 

It was...

It was a moment that felt like an eternity even though not even a second has passed– that's too cheesy of an expression, but that's what she actually felt. It's probably because she was being sucked into his cold eyes and was admiring them.

As if on cue, her heart started beating again, and her cheeks were heating up.

What is this feeling?

'Deep breaths Suzune. Deep breaths.'

With one final exhalation, she was back to normal. Or at least, as normal as she can pretend to be.

-

-

~~XoXo~~

-

-

''What a . . . surprising coincidence.'' The Black haired girl exclaimed.

The girl from before, AKA his soulmate, just put her bag down on the seat next to him. Which means, not only are they bound as soulmates, but as neighbors as well.

The universe seems to be working extra hard against Ayanokouji.

Any plans of avoiding her had just been extinguished. Blown to ashes.

In a school this large and dense, the chances of them encountering each other this fast is very slim, and yet, here they are.

"... So we were in the same class, huh." He replied in a deadpan voice.