Chapter thirteen 13

If a WRITER 

falls in love 

with you,

You can never

Die

"Being a teacher is not an easy task, especially when you have to understand different kinds of people in your class," Islam said, relaxing on the couch at Michelle's place.

"You're right, but it will be better when you're a lecturer. Are you staying here or...?"

"I'm going back to the UK. Moreover, Mr. Khalid wanted this because I was far away, but Mama..."

Michelle dropped a cup of coffee and some cinnamon rolls for both of them, then sat next to Islam. She was wearing a black camisole and navy blue leggings, having just come back from the gym that afternoon.

"Can you imagine what's going on in school? My sister is saying it's Lahab's fault."

"Who's Lahab? Oh, that handsome Ebira man, right?"

"Yes. The ceiling fan and lab apparatus were stolen, and it was burnt down."

"This reminds me of high school too."

"What will you do during the weekend? I want us to go out again."

"I won't be free. Today's my only free day, you know?"

"You're right. Then let's go today," Michelle said, dropping the journal she was skimming, which was about students being expelled for exam malpractice.

"Okay, let me wear something presentable." Islam went upstairs to get dressed while she waited.

Shortly afterwards, she descended the stairs in pink trousers and a white top, with her head tied in a pink bandanna.

They set out on a long road trip in her Porsche, talking about their futures.

"I'll open a very big company and my books will be famous", said Islam while adjusting her sunglasses.

"And I hope your dream comes true. I can't wait to come to your wedding and be the maid of honor. We will visit each other often and our kids will get to know one another".

"How many kids are you planning on?"

"Maybe five".

Islam laughed out loud and said, "That's too much I'll go for four. Two girls two boys".

"You're not serious", she said while they laughed at each other.

After the long road trip they went for shopping clothes, children's clothes which they donated to the orphanage because they were benevolent.

They also made matching tattoos of each other's names but was a sticker and wouldn't last long.

They went for mani-pedi and had their nails done. Islam was having a simple nail which was polished but Michelle painted hers.

They also made a new craft which was flowers. They made paper flowers and saved it to design their rooms.

Lastly, they visited the Zaria waterfall to watch the sunset at the line where the sky meets the water which was the horizon.

"All I need is you and some sunsets", said Michelle who laid her head on her shoulder while they were standing at the shore and watching the water waves. The water was brushing their feet and bringing tranquility.

Islam was trying her best to be free from her guilt and insecurities. She saved what Zayyad said about it being the doctor's fault but partly blamed herself.