Chapter twenty~two 22

~Books and Flowers~

Zaynab knocked gently on the door, hoping for forgiveness and a chance to mend their relationship. Standing before the sturdy oak, she held a tray of matcha, a symbol of peace and reconciliation. Doubts lingered, but she couldn't resist the urge to try.

"Come in," came Islam's groggy voice, as if emerging from a deep slumber. Her disheveled hair framed her face, obscuring her view. Sleep still clung to her eyes as she peered at Zaynab.

Surveying the dimly lit room, Zaynab reached for the blinds, allowing sunlight to dance through, casting a magical glow. Placing the cup of matcha on the nightstand, she tenderly brushed her fingertips against her cheeks. "Good morning, dear," she whispered, hoping to mend their bond.

"What are you doing in my room?" Islam's voice carried a mix of irritation and curiosity.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me," Zaynab pleaded, her eyes brimming with sincerity.

Islam struggled to sit up, her voice tinged with resignation. "It's alright, I'm used to it."

Zaynab's heart sank, but she pressed on, determined to win her daughter back. "Don't say that. You'll always be my favorite girl, my little ray of sunshine."

A glimmer of hope appeared in Islam's eyes, hidden behind a feigned frown. "Are we good now?"

Islam nodded, a mixture of relief and reluctance washing over her. She embraced Islam tightly, perhaps a bit too tightly, causing her to gasp for air.

"Come downstairs for dinner," Zaynab said, her hips swaying gracefully as she left the room, her linen dress trailing behind.

She turned her head and gazed at the tulip gracefully standing in the vase, slowly withering away due to insufficient watering. It brought to mind memories of a dear friend, and a smile graced her lips.

She hurriedly made her way to the bathroom, taking a refreshing shower before dressing in her favorite dungarees and adorning her outfit with a stylish scarf. With a skip in her step, she descended the stairs, ready to indulge in a delightful breakfast in the dining room.

                             *

"When it was afternoon, the sun was shining brightly in the sky, dazzling like a happy child. Islam walked into her room, enjoying her leisure time. She perched on the chair next to the reading table with a chest of drawers.

As she looked around the room, she pondered what to write for this beautiful story. It was about a girl who was like an angel, with a smile as bright as the sun, even in the face of afflictions, and the courage to overcome hardships.

With a large shelf of already read books, full of untold stories and heart-touching tales, she realized that literature was her inspiration.

Suddenly, her attention was caught by the withering tulips. They were blossoming, with the sunlight dancing on their petals, making them sparkle. This sight brought a grin to her face and sparked more ideas. It was thoughtful of her to find inspiration in the symphony of nature before writing.

Her hands began dancing on the keyboard, while a servant thoughtfully offered her a cup of her favorite coffee with milk.

Eventually, she finished writing the first chapter, filled with compassion and optimism, hoping to bring happiness and joy to anyone who reads it.

As she looked through the blinds, the beautiful paintings on the wall made everything feel realistic.

Taking a break, she sipped her coffee, mindful of what would happen next in this beginning.