Part 2: Chapter 2

The morning sun gently kissed the dew-soaked grass, whispering good morning, as it peeked through Islam's brocade curtains, marking the end of her peaceful nap after Fajr.

"Good morning, friend," she warmly greeted the parrot, which chirped back in response, enjoying her gentle caress before she continued with her day.

She leisurely rose from bed, clad in comfy sweatpants and a cozy hoodie, setting the tone for a perfect morning routine. Stepping onto the trampoline in their backyard, she embraced the tranquility of the early hours, practicing yoga with graceful stretches before quenching her thirst with a refreshing cup of water.

The serene atmosphere enveloped her surroundings, painting a picture of flawless tranquility before the lively awakening of souls in the neighborhood.

Deciding to treat herself and her loved ones, she embarked on preparing a delightful matcha smoothie. Blending together frozen bananas, creamy almond milk, a spoonful of vibrant matcha powder, and a drizzle of sweet honey, she crafted a vibrant and energizing green smoothie. Not only did she make it for herself, but she also thoughtfully prepared it for her mom and even for Firdausi, should she be interested in joining the refreshing treat.

She peered through the curtains, noticing Khalid's Bugatti was missing, indicating he was already out for work. It was unusual for him to leave early, which struck her as somewhat peculiar.

Shaking off the curious thought, she poured Zaynab a glass of the matcha smoothie, confident that Zaynab would enjoy it, knowing it was made with love and care.

Next, she tended to the flowers in the center of their dining area, watering them before arranging fresh blooms in mason jars along the windowsill. Her love for flowers stemmed from their aesthetic appeal, which is why they cultivated them in their garden. The size of the house truly made the floral displays stand out.

"Salaams," greeted Firdausi, elegantly dressed in a beige blazer, baggy jeans, ankle boots, and a stylish baseball cap covering her head.

"Morning, my dear. How have you been handling your passive aggressiveness?"

"Stop it, I'm fine now," she said wearily, grabbing last night's oatmeal from the fridge and settling at the island countertop.

"Do you want some smoothie?" Islam asked, holding up her unique white porcelain mug, the only one of its kind in the house, unlike Yasin, who tended to break the mugs trying to drink his custard every day.

"Absolutely," she replied eagerly, taking the glass of smoothie and sipping half of it, causing an invisible matcha mustache to form on her lips as they both chuckled. It was their little inside joke from their younger days when they spent time joking around.

"I'm taking this to mom, so I should go," Islam announced, carrying the mugs towards Zaynab and Khalid's room.

"Don't you think she's napping a lot and having too many early morning migraines? They might be hiding something from us," Firdausi pondered while loading the plates into the dishwasher.

"She's just stressed, and I hope you'll check on her when I'm gone."

"You say gone," Firdausi raised her shoulders and rolled her eyes. "Like gone forever while you're just miles away in Abuja."

"I know, but I wouldn't have to be here. What are you working on now with you know who?" she asked, returning to the counter for the latest gossip.

"No, don't spoil my mood. Mubarak doesn't love me; he's just using me for his business. You know he's successful, and Afra is the love of his life. They're perfect together, and he's the best basketball player, while we're just friends," she said, brushing off the conversation.