Chapter forty~two 42

And I was running far away
Would I run off the world
someday?
Nobody know, nobody knows....
Aurora__ Runaway

Firdausi sat on the edge of her messy bed, sweat dripping down her forehead, consumed by panic and anxiety. She wore her small, sleek black nightgown from the previous night.

The pain in her chest was unbearable, making it hard for her to breathe. She stumbled to the mirror, gasping for air even though the room was freezing from the air conditioner.

Her eyes were bulging, and her cheeks were red from the beating she received from her parents. They found out the truth and contacted the school owner, Mrs. Rose Sapphire, who was in England. They took action against the community group, recognizing it as cyberbullying and harassment.

Firdausi discovered that Fiona was the hypocrite all along, trying to defame her. But her parents made sure the school expelled Fiona and punished anyone who discussed it with a suspension penalty.

She bent over the table, gasping and rummaging through her things for her tranquilizer. Damien always sold them to her whenever she had anxiety attacks.

Firdausi, desperate for relief, bribed the maids to keep quiet as she let Dami into her house. With a wad of cash, she purchased the tranquilizers that she relied on for her sanity. Swallowing the pills with a gulp of water, she finally felt a sense of relief as she sank onto her bed.

Despite Dami's deceitful nature, Firdausi still found herself relying on him. He became her kind of mafia friend, someone she felt close to despite his flaws.

Just then, Zaynab walked in, announcing the arrival of Mr. Kamal. Firdausi mustered up her strength, emerging from her covers and noticing Zaynab's baby bump. It confirmed what she suspected - her mother was pregnant, and it seemed to be the only thing holding their family together.

Zaynab had contemplated divorce due to Khalid's workaholic nature, but the baby brought them closer, acting as a bond to prevent their separation. Firdausi felt grateful to the baby, as it seemed to keep their family from falling apart.

Every night, she would hear the sound of dishes being thrown and Zaynab shouting at Khalid, though she didn't know the details. This turmoil began after Goggo left.

Firdausi had hopes for a baby girl, as she wanted to do all the things she didn't get to do with Islam. However, having a boy would also be nice. She imagined him as a mini Mubarak - mischievous, playful, and a bit of a braggart.

"Hurry up!" Zaynab interjected, bringing Firdausi back from her daydream, gently touching her small baby bump.

Mr. Kamal was her new homeroom teacher because she was now homeschooled after the scenarios. Her parents believed that her staying at home was the best, but it brought anxiety to her.

She quickly took a shower and then slipped into a cozy hazel trouser and top with her scarf before heading out to the porch where the young man was standing and waiting for her. He was tall, light-skinned, and handsome, which made her have a crush on him.

Whenever he was reading literature, she would stare at his beautifully carved physique, which made her wonder how every girl would be mad about him.

After the lesson, she washed her head with the apple-flavored shampoo for about ten minutes before taking her time to dry and style it.

She was bored and tired of reading the same novels over and over again.

She looked through the window of her room as if waiting for a friend, but there was none. Neither Fatima nor Afra visited regularly, only infrequently, even though she never came out of her room.