Chapter Ninety-six 96

~brand new life~

Firdausi's kidnappers were navigated and punished for their bad deeds. Though, they were ex-convicts.
                         **
Islam was continuing the chapter of her story before Firdausi's video call barracked.

"Salamualaikum".

"Wa alaikumusalam. Hey sis I just called to ask you whether my dress is flawless", she said then placed the phone vertically and posed for her to see her.

She was wearing a white blouse and black jeans with scarf and bag.

"Nice, but why don't you dress more descent".

"Sorry, I can't hear you we have morning lectures".

"Bye, take care", she said while smiling at how happy her sister looked.

She will soon leave for UK and move on with her life there because she didn't want disturbance.

After writing the chapter, she set out to Qamar foundation to spend time with the kids because she knew she wouldn't be coming back again.

She was teaching them how to make kites and how to fly them which was very fun.

They also made brownies and had everything. She was really connected with the poor children.

A boy offered to play hide and seek while she seeked them all.

She closed her eyes while they hide then started searching for them. She wondered how cunning they were. Just like a fox.

Just then she saw Ali walking towards her in tuxedo.

"Hi".

"Salamualaikum. How are you doing with packing?"

"Very fine and you know drudgery", she shrugged her shoulder.

Then forgot about the game and sat with him on a bench. "So what are you planning to do?"

"Yeah. Good question. When I've achieved my Phd I guess I'll just marry Usman".

"Congratulations, you're moving".

"Yes, what about you?"

"As usual, work and work forever and ever.

Actually I came here because I want to thank you for everything. You make me feel differently and I'm grateful.

Even though I knew I chose you because of my brother, you were meant to work with me.

You're rare and extraordinary. I know you've been battling with different calamities for the past years but I want you to know that you're a heroine Islam".

"Thanks. You're also one in a million Ali. Working with you made me feel more open to people than usually, especially at work places.

Thanks Ali".

"You're always welcome. I bought this for you", he offered her a black box with a pearl necklace and studs.

"Oh woow. Thanks man".

"You're always welcome. I think I will get going".

"Oh bye".

She escorted him to his Lexus and waved at him. "Kiddos, can you stop hiding because I'm tired".

                          **
Her room was turned upside down as all the clothes were hanging around. It was causing headache.

She was arranging her clothes for her departure which was going to be the next day.

Then someone abruptly knocked on the door. She left and opened the door then found Khadija standing with sunglasses lying on her forehead.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure".

They both came in and sat on thesame sofa.

"Islam I know I've hurt you alot but I also know that sorry is not enough but I'm very sorry from the bottom of my heart".

"It's not something to worry about Khadija. Let bygones be bygones and move on in life.

I know that I hurt you too so I'm very sorry".

They looked at each other then hugged themselves while sitting on the sofa.

"I guess I'm leaving", she said innocently then picked her bag and walked away.

She sighed and went back to her room to continue packing.

"Hey", she heard a cool voice at the doorways and saw Firdausi then hugged her.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"No, I'm here for you and moreover it's weekend Ms Islam Saleh".

"Whatever. Can you help please".

"Sure".

"Look at my face, sunburn all over. I'm hoping to buy a sunscreen", she said while looking at herself in the mirror.

"Focus on your studies and not just looks Firdausi".

"Yeah I know".

                              **
They went back home to eat the food made by Zaynab for her departure from the country.

Several meals and snacks were made just for the family and relatives.

She was very excited at the way they treated her like a queen and was becoming nostalgic.

She sat outside receiving some fresh air and stargazing the azure sky before Firdausi joined her with a mug of the orange juice they had.

"Will you even miss me?"

"Of course. This is actually the first time I'm leaving the country and missing everyone because I use to hate everyone.

Life have been tough for me for the past months especially in Lagos".

"Even me. When I was in Yola, it was like hell living with Zara but it's my fault for running away from school".

"Let's promise each other we won't be stubborn or give our parents hard time because of us".

"Pinky sisterly promise".

                            **
The next blessed day came to be while she walked along the ways in the airport with her family and friends.

She was going to meet her father when she arrived at UK because he was there for an urgent mission.

She was wearing a brown duffel jacket with palazzo and scarf.

Everyone was waving and wishing her good luck but Usman wasn't present because he was in college.

"I'll call you", said Ali while she smiled and turned her back to leave.

It was really nostalgic and sad unlike the years that passed when she hoped to leave right away.

She was going to miss every single person in her life in Nigeria and tears began to trickle down her pearl like eyes as she climbed into the plane and fastened her seatbelt.

She looked through the window at the sky and smiled at the beautiful weather.

Almost done and dusted.