Chapter Ninety-four 94

~final day~

Zubayda finished getting prepared in her black and white dress then picked her gown and wig before setting out to her car.

Just then her phone buzzed, she picked the call and saw an unknown and strange voice.

"If you want your family to be safe and sound, come to Suleja and don't tell the cops or you find their corpses on your way home", said the ill-mannered voice.

"What are you doing to my family?" She asked in awe and got into her car driving back to Suleja and leaving the case behind.

Islam's life was very important but not more than her family who raised her to the status she was.

                               **
The courtroom was dull and suspenseful as they wait for Islam's lawyer.

She was nowhere to be found and it's been an hour since they were all seated.

Islam was heartbroken and emotionally drained. She didn't even know if she should be happy or sad.

She looked at her mom who shot her an optimistic look even though there was pessimist behind the look.

She smiled back and kept waiting. Another hour passed away then the judge said, "If Ms Islam Saleh doesn't have a lawyer then I think we have come to the conclusion.

She is sentenced....."

"Wait my lord", called out Zubayda in the middle of the crowd then walked to her seat.

"I'm very sorry for coming late but have an apparent reason my lord. Someone tried to ruin my family's life because of these".

"Okay, you're pardoned barrister Dauda".

"Thank you my lord.

Well before I proceed, I will love to show the court a proof because that's what the court wants", she said then turned on a voicemail from the CD aloud for everyone to hear.

"My name is Ja'afar Mukhtar Nasir and a son to doctor Mukhtar the family's doctor.

I know I'm cruel but I want the court to know who's behind everything.  It's Maryam Bala the deceased best friend".

Just then everyone looked at her while she started to sweat.

"She asked me to slowly kill Sadia Nagogo without a reason then will marry me in return.

I could kill and die for her so I agreed.

I did it slowly by depriving her oxygen then used nitrites instead of it, as a result of overexposure to it she suffered from methemoglobinemia which led to her death and blue-gray discolouration.

I never thought I could do something like this for a girl that never liked me but here I am held captive".

The sound finally stopped then there was ruckus caused by Marayam in the court.

                          **
           (Flashbacks)

Zubayda furtively walked into the Eatery then sat with the man she thought want to see her.

"Hi," he mentioned jadedly.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the guy who wants to meet you".

"Okay. So are you ready to tell me?"

"By the way I'm Ja'afar Mukhtar and I'm a resident doctor in Harvard".

"I'm Zubayda, the lawyer working on the case. I meant the offender's lawyer".

"Okay, I'll text you everything then give you the voicemail I made".

They then ordered two cups of hot coffee.

"And then what?"

"Ill surrender to the police.

Like she actively and passively used me but I was blind for love".

"Can I know who's that?"

"I'll give you the full story and make sure the voicemail is safe with you because I know she will not give up on tormenting you because she doesn't wants you to win the case".

"So all these while it's a lady".

"Yes, she's like a beautiful and colourful chameleon.

She beautiful inside but not out".

                     (Flashbacks Over)

Islam was intently embracing everyone, every beloved one. She couldn't believe she was free from all burdens.

She was always a fall guy to others. As she packed her clothes from the prison ward, she was overzealous and they hugged her before she left.

Driving home along the beautiful city of Kaduna with her parents and sibling was nostalgic and lovely.

She was very thankful to Allah for blessing her.

She was also thankful to Zubayda for everything and her secret soulmate.

Very short but important.
Bye.