chapter 20

“When people saw a chrysalis no one would think there were butterflies in it. But nature does its magic.”

“That’s it.”

“Yeah, that’s how it is.”

“…If that’s the case, I’m not confident.”

Karina let her arms down weakly. Wilder’s words were unfamiliar but not difficult to understand. However, Karina wasn’t quite sure that she could handle this new job well.

“Why?”

“It’s something I’ve never thought about.”

“Well, you can think about it.”

Wilder’s voice was softer than ever. Karina shakes her head.

“What’s the point of this for someone like me?”

“Didn’t you notice? This is one of the bases of magic. It may seem simple, but these are facts that a wizard must know.”

“These things?”

Karina stared blankly at the brooch.

“I don’t know where Mrs. Bloe learned magic but looks like you learned it from a lousy teacher.”

“I never formally learned it. Just, sneaking a peek…”

“Is that so.”

Wilder didn’t seem too disappointed.

“Then I’ll take back what I said about a teacher. Ah, was it your parents? Did they hate seeing you touched magic? If that’s the case, I apologize.”

“…No.”

Karina never thought of Lord Lenque as her father. For the past twenty-three years, Lord Lenque had only been a master who arrested and imprisoned her.

“Anyway these are important. It’s the basis of magic.”

“…”

“Magic without a foundation is nothing more than sand castles that will disappear when it rains.”

Karina’s eyes lit up. Roland in the novel also suffered greatly from the magic that Lord Lenque unmistakably used to amplify on him.

‘Roland and Melissa need a teacher!’

How carefree she has been. She thought they would do well on their own because they were talented and had learned from Lord Lenque to some extent. Karina looked at Wilder with enthusiasm.

“Well, I’ll do my best.”

But Wilder just shakes his head and closed the drawer.

“It’s not good to rush. That’s it for today.”

* * *

Karina immediately taught the children what she had learned. It was because she didn’t dare to take the children to Wilder and be taught together, and she thought she could teach them Wilder’s teachings as it were.

The children picked the butterfly straight away, although Lord Lenque didn’t teach them any of these magic bases. As someone who had no sense of anything, Karina couldn’t help but be surprised.

‘They’re both talented after all!’

Karina’s face lit up brightly.

“Good job, good job.”

“What’s so good about butterflies?”

Roland’s eyes sparkled. Karina smiled and delivered Wilder’s explanation to the children.